cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep of Death - Random Reboot - Still No Response from Sprint/Moto

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did have SOD's and random reboots after the repair at the Motorola Repair center.  I did a procedure that basically fixes a bricked MoPho by forcing the stock ROM over a USB cable to the MoPho using RSD Lite(by Motorola). I then did a factory reset, and went into recovery mode and did a wipe of the cache and another hard reset of the phone. I also installed my favorite app called "overclock Widget" to throttle-down the cpu while the phone is idle. So far, going on 3 weeks and NO reboots or SOD's. I've tried everything I could, leave the phone on the dash, I took a dozen photos outside and left them to upload to FB, I've left the WiFi on and then off, I talked for an hour and then watched the phone and nope-nadda-thing happened that shouldn't.

So if you're technically inclined, try what I did and see if it helps. Also IO'm told you should do a hard reset in rocovery mode every time you install an OTA update...

Good Luck!

Journeyman

Got it. I'll try it out. I've noticed SOD only happens when i'm at work   when Sprint signal is very weak. Also, when I reboot it from SOD, the   battery seems to be hot. I have to fix this myself since the sprint   store I went to won't exchange the phone anymore since I've exchanged it   once already. I wanted to exchange it to a Epic Touch or just a phone   in the same level that works.  Thanks again! I'll let you know how it  goes.

Journeyman

Re: Sleep of Death - Random Reboot - Still No Response from Sprint/Moto

Good luck with getting a fix Photon owners - but don't hold your breadth. Sprint will tell you they are monitoring the situation, but don't expect them to get back to you with a response. Take it from an unfortunate Optimus owner who after 4 months of apathy from both Sprint and LG was willing to upgrade. And I was going to go high-end, Epic Touch or Photon. Now I'm looking to change service providers. There is no advantage to an unlimited plan if the plan is limited by inability to use the phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat