cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update for the PHOTON 4G (4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_12.Sprint.en.US) (45.4.12.MB855.Sprint.en.US)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Software Update for the PHOTON 4G (4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_12.Sprint.en.US) (45.4.12.MB855.Sprint.en.US)

OFFICIAL LINK: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/82882

A software update for PHOTON 4G by Motorola is now available. The software update PHOTON 4G_MR5 (4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_12.Sprint.en.US) (45.4.12.MB855.Sprint.en.US) should be installed for peak performance.

Who Can Use This Release

ALL Motorola PHOTON 4G users. After downloading and installing the software release, the following enhancements will be included.

Enhancements

ContactsMore easily import contacts from SD card.
Wi-Fi ConnectivityEnhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode, adding new WiFi connections.
MusicImproved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the phone - minimizes occasional skips or repeats.
CameraNow supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback.
CalendarEasier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone.

Step-by-Step Instructions

For a successful installation, we recommend installing this update while the battery in your phone is at least 50% charged.

If you have received a notification message for this upgrade:

1. Ensure your phone is connected to the Sprint wireless network or Wi-Fi
  2. Select "Download"
  3. After the software is downloaded, select "Install now"
  4. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically
  5. Your phone is now upgraded with MR5 (4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_12.Sprint.en.US) (45.4.12.MB855.Sprint.en.US) software      

If you have not received a notification message for this upgrade:

1. Select the Settings icon in the main menu
  2. Select "About phone"
  3. Select "System updates"

A message will display the availability of an update. Ensure your phone is connected to the Sprint wireless network or Wi-Fi
  4. Select "Download"
  5. After the software is downloaded, select "Install"
  6. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically
  7. 7. Your phone is now upgraded with MR5 (4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_12.Sprint.en.US) (45.4.12.MB855.Sprint.en.US) software    

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Journeyman

That's the way all software etc is done before it's sent out wide spread to all. It's called testers, not just power users......I had this 2 months ago...and yes servers do get overloaded. if they didn't why does all cell companies have limits even tho they say unlimited....That's like saying Electrical power can't overload, it's called brown outs or black outs...in fact there are only 3 grid systems in the us, east coast, west coast and Texas has their own. so a overload etc can cause that whole grid to die, that's why we are so screwed if it ever happens, a attack on our grids.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this update out or not?  I keep getting different answers.  I live in MD and have not recieved it yet, has anyone else recieved it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well it's June 28 and still no update what's the hold up? To release an upgrade pull the plug and leave us twisting in the wind is really badajoz customer service

Journeyman

Because of non-disclosure agreements, people involved in this cannot disclose information regarding this update. Just let it go, folks. You'll get it when it is good for you to have.  8^)

Why don't you just wait until ICS is out for the Photon....

Highlighted
Journeyman

By the time ICS is released for the Photon I will have moved on to another phone and I'm sure many others will have as well.  Q4 2012 (which could mean Nov/Dec) for ICS when the phone was released in June of 2011.  Oh joy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm running this and it still has the SOD issuues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't received an update either and I have 2 of these phones.  Both of these phones keep losing sound.  It's really frustrating to miss a call or an alarm.  I wish they'd hurry it up. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat