cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay Awake while charging setting resets when the kickstand is open and closed, will this be fixed?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stay Awake while charging setting resets when the kickstand is open and closed, will this be fixed?

The Stay Awake while charging setting resets when the kickstand is opened and closed.  This needs to be added to Motorola's next update to either stop resetting this value or provide an option to control if it should reset after the kickstand is in use.  I do not own the docking station but I wonder if it does the same thing if the phone is docked then removed.  Will this be a fix Motorola will push out or is it due to the Android platform?

Steps to reproduce, with the kickstand closed:

1. Go to Menu > Settings
  2. Applications > Development
  3. Check "Stay Awake"
  4. Open the kickstand
  5. Notice the Stay Awake setting is still checked
  6. Close the kickstand
  7. Notice the Stay Awake setting is now unchecked

System Version: 45.2.5.MB855.Sprint.en.US

Model Number: MB855

Android Version: 2.3.4

Baseband Version: n_01.28.05s.fk

Webtop Version: WT-1.2.0-135

Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-00032-g60a2e4beaz002@fl36bld22#2

Build Number: 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

ERI Version: 6

PRL Version: 51081

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I'm not having this problem - stay awake is staying set, and I use this all the time.. Are you running stock? What are you running when the kickstand is out (I'm running the clock widget)? Any battery-related 3rd party apps?

eric

Journeyman

I have noticed that too.  It is part of the Kickstand mode code, but they did not account for someone setting that option manually.  I only noticed it because I was in kickstand and realized that it was not going to sleep, so I did some checking and found that option.  It has not been a problem for me because if I want it to stay awake, I have had it in kickstand.  I always run it in home screen mode.

Journeyman

Thank you GoldenPho3nix. I have been wondering why my photon kept sleeping while on the charger. Hope they fix this soon.

Journeyman

My phone is running the stock Operating system.  Can you provide the details about your phone as I have outlined above? So you're saying you did exactly the same steps above and could not reproduce the same results?  My phone was purchased a week after its release, when did you get your phone?

Wizard

Hi GoldenPho3nix, thanks for posting! I was able to duplicate the issue on a test phone that I have here running:

System Version: 45.2.5.MB855.Sprint.en.US

Model Number: MB855

Android Version: 2.3.4

Baseband Version: n_01.28.05s.fk

Webtop Version: WT-1.2.0-135

Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-00032-g60a2e4beaz002@fl36bld22#2

Build Number: 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

ERI Version: 6

PRL Version: 52081

I did report the issue - I will post here when I get any information that I can share with you guys. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks again for posting!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat