cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....

Master

Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....

marreroe1985

I am understand from your posts that you are frustrated, and I'm sorry.

I need to note, however, to please refrain from using all capitals in your posts as per the community guidelines.

Thanks,

mapesy

Journeyman

Re: Unsatisfied customer, Motorola Photon Bluetooth Doesn't Stay Synced, Sprint nor Motorola Will help....

I have to tell you people, I have NONE of the problems that you're dealing with. I'm running Cyanogen Mod 0.4.2.1 Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.3). I can switch between BT Headphones, BT headset, and Mice/Keyboards all without a problem. Not sure what y'all are doing with your phones but it sounds as if your settings are not right or there's something else not allowing the connections.  You might want to try Avast or LookOut and scan your phones for Malware. There's a lot of that going around.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@NAMBIANS, okay.........

Yes if you go that route, then yes your phone probably does work alot better than most other photons. However you had to use the CyanogenMod. I paid out of pocket for this phone. The phone should work without me modding it. Im sure if i rooted and unlocked it and used the latest cm9 rom or maybe something from jokersax, im sure it will work, but the point is it should work fine out of the box. Im just mad because ive been calling sprint on the phone and arguing with their tech support and customer service reps, and today 3/30/2012, they have finally decided to help me! They bought out my contract, i have 2 lines, in the end im stuck paying a discounted etf for my wifes line, but there allowing us to upgrade our phones early. So I guess thats a fair compromise. Thank you Sprint for showing some sign that you care. It would have been nice if they would have bought out both of our contracts, but 1 out of 2 isnt bad, and they discounted the etf. So all in all its not bad.

@mapesy, Okay, i wont caps. lock everything. Funny enough i didnt even think sprint was watching these forums till you responded. The only "sprint" techs to msg me, only wanted me to assist with an error log. That tells me, im not the only on who has issues.

Nothing personnal boys and girls, but if you buy a phone it should work right. Shame on motorola for releasing it, Double the shame on sprint for allowing it to be purchased instore. The phones should be tested to meet customer satisfaction. Im not going to let this one go for the following reasons......

1.) Why would sprint release a phone to their customers and possible customers that has a "silent call issue'?

2.) If there is a blutooth connection problem, why release this phone to your customers and possible customers?

3.) Why are your techs trying to assist online, and not instore?

4.) My biggest question of all.......This is a sprint forum.....why didnt sprint attempt to reach out to me and actually try to call me? 

Journeyman

Willing to bet the "next update" will be the 3rd quarter ICS release..... 4months and the 3 replys from sprint are

1. Script - proving he didnt actually read the OP
2. 3 months later with things we already know/usless info

3. Please dont use caps

Protip - do it better

Journeyman

I agree with marreroe1985 here - I paid a significant amount of money for a phone and service on that phone that included the ability to use Bluetooth devices.  It may be useful to support to know that this issue is not occurring on mod-d phones as that may help point to a software/OS issue rather than a hardware one, but it is still a support issue.  Paid customer services are not being delivered.

To follow up on another point you brought up though, I have been running Lookout since the first month I started using my phone, and it has never reported any issues.

Why is Sprint not servicing their customers?

Journeyman

I'm having this same BT issue but trying to utilize my new Liveview from Sony.  It's apparent that my Liveview is always trying to pair with my phone every 10 minutes.  After looking, the phone has its own built in task manager/killer but I have disabled this for my app.  I have also made different adjustments so now my BT connections have been stable but still not 100%.  The fix needs to go in as I've been a loyal customer 10+ years.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem also.  I just purchased a new bluetooth thinking that it was the old one that caused the problems.  I have been trying to get the new one to work all day.  It pairs and says it is connected but no audio, only a click when the call is made.  I tried changing the battery mode like someone else said to do.  I do get the command and the audio is working but there is so much static I can barely hear anything.  So it is partially working but not to the point that I can use it.  I purchased my phone at Best Buy.  With the older bluetooth I took it to the store and they were able to get it to work right away.  It worked for awahile then quit.  I might try going there tomorrow again and see what happens.  Before I got a smartphone my old bluetooth worked great with my Rumor Touch.  I had no problems whatsoever.  I was on a chat with Motorola today and of course they can't fix it.  They said to take back the bluetooth but now I see that it is the phone itself.  So now how long do we have to wait until Sprint comes out with a fix?  This is absolutely ridiculous!

Journeyman

Update - Opened a support ticket and they sent me to a Sprint repair store.  The technician there ran diagnostics, found two corrupted bluetooth files, and reloaded the entire phone.  After my contacts finished reloading, I tried the phone with no extra programs, and the current base install - Same problem.

To me this says it is either a physical problem with the phone, or an issue with the current OS software load.

Now, I have to take it back in, they'll run diagnostics (Slate?) again, and order a new phone if that seems appropriate.

Has anyone else replaced their phone?  If so, has this made a difference?

Journeyman

Update also - I went to Best Buy Sunday.  The manager there hooked my bluetooth up to her phone and it worked fine.  When she tried it on my Photon there was nothing but static.  So the Photon is definitely the problem.  They wanted to send my phone in (5 weeks old) and send me back a refurbished phone.  They also were going to give me a loaner phone to use while mine was sent out.  I said no because that phone would do the same thing.  Also bought a new phone, not a refurbished one.  Then I called Sprint.  They set me up with a ticket.  I called the store before I went and explained the situation.  I told her where to find the Community and read everything on there about the bluetooth problem.  I called Motorola yesterday.  They had me do a factory reset which didn't help at all.  They wanted me to send the phone back to them so they can test it.  Once again I said no.  This could take up to 3 weeks and I am without a phone.  I again called Sprint after that.  They set me up with another ticket.  So I went to the Sprint store today.  The girl there was the one I talked to yesterday.  She had read everything on the Community and agreed that there was nothing she could do and more than likely if I got another Photon it would do the same thing.  I called Motorola back today and spoke with a manager.  I am waiting for a call back from him.  He is supposed to check and see when the next update will be coming out.  He was supposed to call back several hours ago.  I really don't expect a call back.  Also Sprint was supposed to follow back today and they haven't called either.  There is nothing else to do other than wait until an update comes out.  This is extremely frustrating.  I wish I would have done more research on the phone and should have waited out the last year of my contract with my Rumor Touch and then gone with another company.  I have been with Sprint for many years and this is what you get.  Sprint and Motorola are passing the buck on each other and we are left out in the cold.

Journeyman

I have had my photon for 3 months the worst phone i have ever had in my life . i am a 10 year sprint customer, I am missing alerts 5 to 10 a day. 3 calls and 2 hours on phone with motorola, 4 store visits to sprint, 2 calls to customer service, 1 live chat with sprint customer service, followed by 2 emails to sprint customer service. No solution yet........ MY SOLUTION???? I am going to AT&T