cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Photon Silent Calls and Lockup Issues

Wizard

This is why I am so happy my Hero (even though out dated) still works well and I keep holding off from getting a new phone. I love android but lately the android line is not getting very good reviews. I was one that was looking forward to the Nexus S and glad I held off and now the issues with the Photon. What problems will come up with the Galaxy S2 (within)?

Journeyman

A recent Time article talks of "beta culture" manufacturers rush out half-finished products left and right just to keep pace with industry trailblazers (namely, Apple) This is a prime example.

Wizard

Read the discussion about similar issue on xda for the answer

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1207447

Journeyman

Re: Update on Photon Silent Calls and Lockup Issues

My first Photon was having the lockup/shutdown issue, requiring the battery reseat to get it running again. I received a new one yesterday. With no new apps loaded, it has shutdown on me twice this morning, within a 15 minute period.

This is ridiculous. These are the sort of problems that should have been discovered during testing before the phone was ever released. Sprint and/or Motorola needs to address this issue immediately and let people know what’s going on if they want to keep their customers.

#Photon4Gfail

Journeyman

The Photon kind of reminds me of the Samsung Moment (anyone remeber that POS?). It had radio/3g issues at launch that were promised to be fixed by an OTA update. Never happened. I was so happy when it got bricked a year later during an OTA update and Sprint replaced it with an Optimus....

Journeyman

This issue needs to be fixed by Sprint & Motorola ASAP.. I've had this happen several time on me so far since getting the phone..

Journeyman

How many times can you exchange a phone in the first 30 days? 

ONCE...... then you have to play hardball

Journeyman

Switching to Sprint Only doesn't fix it. I changed that setting and still have the issues.

I'm really regretting trading in my evo 3d for this phone. I don't think the Sprint store will let me trade back. How many times can you exchange a phone in the first 30 days?

Journeyman

By switching to Sprint Only on the network settings cured the delay and no audio issue for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for posting. Having the silent call issues once a day where I need to restart. Once restarted, it works fine for about a day. Sprint rep said to restart daily, ie every morning. She would like to try a factory reset but I need to download my photos first. Hm, in the end, I think I'll go in to exchange. Otherwise, love this and hope a replacement phone works out and does not present worse issues. At least the phone restarts quickly (1.5 minutes?).