cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN over 3G

Highlighted
Journeyman

VPN over 3G

I am able to use PPTP VPN over 4G without problems.  However if I disconnect.  Then turn off 4G.  Wait a minute or two or even overnight.  Then try to connect the PPTP VPN over 3G it fails.  I have read on some old posts that VPN over Sprint 3G is not supported from smart phones, only wireless modems.  Is it possible to use VPN over Sprint 3G from a Photon? If not, is this limited by the Sprint Network design?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

I am in 3G only area, I was using Citrix on the EVO 4G no problem. Did not try it yet on the MoPho.

Will report back after testing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

M_Marcus, any chance to test PPTP with the Photon over 3G yet?  Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am able to use PPTP VPN over 4G without problems.  However if I disconnect.  Then turn off 4G.  Wait a minute or two or even overnight.  Then try to connect the PPTP VPN over 3G it fails.  I have read on some old posts that VPN over Sprint 3G is not supported from smart phones, only wireless modems.  Is it possible to use VPN over Sprint 3G from a Photon? If not, is this limited by the Sprint Network design?

I'm having the same freakin' problem, Wifi and 4G work fine with the VPN, 3G is no bueno, did anyone find the resolution here?

-Galaxy S2 User

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat