cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Dictation Not Working From Keyboard

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this problem on and off since  getting my Photon, but now I can't seem to fix it after power recycles,  battery pulls, and uninstalling new apps. 

When  I press the microphone key on the keyboard to use voice dictation, all I  see is the microphone with a red line through it and a message above  that saying "Voice Initializing" and it just hangs there.  I've let it  do that as long as five minutes, but with no success.  I can still use  the Google voice search bar and the voice commands app, just can't do  voice from the keyboard.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

I would clear the app data for your keyboard to see if it has an effect. To clear the app data, from the home screen, Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Multi-Touch Keyboard > Clear Data. You may have to power cycle the phone after clearing the data. Let me know if this works.

-Donnie

Journeyman

That seems to have done the job.  THANK YOU for your help!!

Wizard

I'm glad to hear it, and you're welcome!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat