Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken - power button FELL OFF??

Highlighted
Journeyman

broken - power button FELL OFF??

My power button fell off, well not the whole thing, but just the silver piece. I asked Radio Shack to fix it and they said they dont know what to do. So I went to the sprint store and they said It would cost me 100 bucks, even though it broke a week after I got it and I am paying for "total protection" AND radio shack''s insurance too! They say the whole back cover needs to be replaced and even though I didnt break anything I still have to pay $100 and Maybe if  I "wait 2 months until there are parts here " I can have it fixed then. This is quite annoying. It is a brand new phone and I showed Radio Shack the broken button when it happened 2 weeks ago. If I have to pay $100 I am just going to drop the phone in the sink and you can give me a new one for $100!

So what should I do now?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello Jdog-1,

I am very sorry to hear that this happened. The information the Sprint Repair Center provided was correct in regards to replacement of the phone. Although you have Total Equipment Protection (which is what you would be using to replace the phone), there would be a $100.00 deductible to replace the device. You can file a claim and have the device replaced by Contacting Asurion at 1-800-584-3666.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

CD

Highlighted
Master

If there are no signs of physical damage they should of replaced it for free. Was it a corporate service center you took it to?

Highlighted

Jdog-1,

When no physical damage is found, the Sprint Repair Center will assist you with Repair or Replacement under the Warranty/TEP. You are welcome to get a second opinion from another repair location. You are welcome to refer into one of our Repair Centers, Corporate or not, as long as they are authorized. Please use the following link to find a location near you: http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/search.aspx?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Store%E2%80%9D target=%E2%80%9D_blank

Regards,

CD

Highlighted
Journeyman

We have a Corp repair center here in the Mission Valley area of San Diego. I've taken phones purchased elsewhere and they've done warranty repiars for free. Give it a try. Also The app|e store fixed a broken ipod that was under warranty, and I bought it at Se@rs! WooHoo!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat