cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"message not sent" for all texts on Photon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just upgraded to a new Motorola Photon today. However, I haven't been able to send any text messages from it -- whenever I try, a "mesage not sent" error pops up. I've recieved 3 out of maybe dozens of texts from my contacts. Any idea what to do?

I've tried battery pulling/power cycling, updating the profile and PRL. I do have an Airvana at home. I have a GoogleVoice account that was synced with my old Blackberry that the Sprint rep 'removed' from my plan because it was giving her error messages as she tried to configure the upgrade from her computer. I re-enabled it via the GoogleVoice website, and can still send text messages from the browser window.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

We have seen issues with sending text messages when connected to an Airave. Users report the "message not sent" error even though the recipient often receives one or more copies of the message. If this is the problem you're having, the issue should not occur when you're not connected to the Airave. If it only happens when you're using the Airave, there is a software patch in the works to resolve this issue.

If the issue occurs even when not connected to the Airave, there can be a lot of different causes. Anything from apps causing problems (task killers, anti-virus, launchers, sms apps) to a problem with provisioning or even the Google Voice integration. I would try de-integrating the account on the Google Voice website and pulling the battery out of the phone for at least 60 seconds to see if the issue still occurs. Send me a private message if you still can't get it working because I can check for provisioning issues and tower outages.

-Donnie

Journeyman

I had the same problem when using the Photon on the Airvana.  I switched to the regular Samsung Airave and haven't had that problem ever since.  The Airvana seems to be prone to incompatibility with the Photon.

Journeyman

The Airvana is definitely the problem. I have no issues sending/recieving text messages when not at home, and I will get a flood of them whenever I reset the Airvana and the Photon kicks onto the weak Sprint signal.

Journeyman

Re: "message not sent" for all texts on Photon.

There are so many problems with the Airvana and certain handsets that they should probably recall it in my opinion.  I would try the Samsung Airave version 2 (the one with black antenna).  I picked one up for $30 on ebay (new in box) and it's been awesome.

Journeyman

Did you pay your bill? Is it late? I know its dumb questions but for 2 months i felt that this was the case.....still do. I have the same issues and my photon reboots 7 times a day. Drops calls. Cant connect to wifi. GPS doesnt work every 2-3 days it asks to renew or download .....I MISS MY EVO!!! Sprint told me to bring in the phone swap it for equal or less value...now they have no recollection of that but I have E-tickets and notes sent to my email. I swear Verizon may charge more but you get more bang for your buck!!!

Journeyman

Re: "message not sent" for all texts on Photon.

I had the same problem!  I disconected my Airave and sent a few text outside away from the Airave...came back in and plugged the Airave back up and let the phone reconnect to it.  They seem to be getting along with each other now LOL.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat