cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when putting phone to ear ..the phone doesnt go to sleep

Journeyman

when i am making or anwering the phone im putting phone to my ear and i end up hanging up on the person im talking to . the phone is supposed to go to sleep when its near ur ear. the first i exchanged for this issue and now the 2nd phone i recieved is doing the same thing.i love the phone but dang i have to use my Blue tooth on every call

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Is it a touchscreen? could it possible be your cheek is touching the screen and disconnecting?

Master

Do you have a screen protector or case that could be covering the sensor at the top of the device near speaker?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

its motorola photon and it supposed to go sleep when i put to ear when i play with the sensor using my finger it never goes to sleep i have to turn off the phone and turn on to get the sensor to work

Journeyman

naw i dont have screen protector and my case is only on the back of the phone

Journeyman

i did however power cycle the phone and removed the feature" in pocket detection" and that fixed it for now  but hope there would be an update or something soon this is my second one tht has done this .. i am thnkful that i havent had any of the other nightmares that others have

Sprint Product Ambassador

I had the same problem and 'in pocket detection' was the root cause.  Turn it off, and your proximity sensor works again.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
GrandMaster

if that was the case the screen would stay asleep thinking your face was still near it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat