Highlighted
Wizard

1/14 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14

Enhancements/Fixes

- Various fixes to improve overall device stability 

Important Notes

- Software version is 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14

- Refer to the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update blog for install instructions

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: 1/14 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-14

Anyone with comments/experience on this update?  And "updated" on an old HTC when I first signed on to Sprint reduced it to rubble (didn't brick it, but removed functionality, changed the homescreen format, made it slower, etc) and there was no going back.

I'm no longer inclined to trust Sprint with a vague statement as above.  Details, please!

Journeyman

And still no 4.1 Jellybean update......great. I got excited for no reason.

Journeyman

I would also like to know more about this update.

Journeyman

Well, I bit the bullet and installed it last night.  The install went without a hitch, though the final boot is "normal" and if you're not staring at the screen, it'll just default to "off" and you don't know that the update completes.

Within my first five minutes it locked up.

I'd like to thank Motorola and Sprint, both, for doing such a fine job of vetting and QA on this release.  Can not *wait* to see what else goes wrong (probably at a critcal moment).

Journeyman

I've had the update for three days now and I don't think it "broke" anything.  My two issues with the Photon Q have been a constant disconnection/reconnection to wifi and a "jittery" screen.  It may simply be coincidence, but both issues seem remedied.

Journeyman

Right after I applied the update my home, return and window buttons stopped working.

the factory reset didn't seem to help and I'm not able to trigger the hardware reset to pull up the code. It goes into

debug mode, but I can't see the code to choose the clear all data line.

Has anyone else heard anything else about issues after this SU was released?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat