cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/25 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.1 (Jellybean) - 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5

Wizard

4/25 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.1 (Jellybean) - 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5

Enhancements/Fixes

- Google OS upgrade to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)

- Google Now

- Voice search enhancements

- Camera includes improved image quality and more intuitive panorama mode

- Ability to zoom out to filmstrip mode in the Gallery

- Keyboard includes improved dictionary and text to speech capabilities

- Notification enhancements

- Resolved Quick Office closing when reviewing a document

- Improved GSM roaming connectivity for global use

- Improved streaming of Sprint TV when location services are turned off

- Enhanced security and ease of use on the face unlock feature

- Removed Quick Views, Speed Dial, and MOTOPRINT applications

- Improved accuracy and response of voice to text for texting, emailing, and web search

Important Notes

- Software version is 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5

- Refer to the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Updates blog for install instructions

35 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 4/25 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.1 (Jellybean) - 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5

I am trying to manually update my phone by going into settings and "about phone" but every time is checks for an update is says that my phone is up to date and that there is no available update. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 4/25 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.1 (Jellybean) - 9.8.2Q-122_XT897_FFW-5

First of all, there is no option to update the phone under "about phone."  Secondly, when I go to system update/update Motorola software, I too, am advised that my phone is up to date.

Has this update really been released?

Journeyman

I've been checking for the past couple days, and nothing. I've even been checking for new device software with Motorola Device Manager, but no luck so far..

Journeyman

You do not want this update.. All it does is make my phone reboot constantly. I cannot even get to a screen to factory reset it. I am going to have to go to a Sprint store tomorrow. This totally ticks me off as it is my ONLY phone.

Journeyman

dang! can you get into recovery mode? (volume up button while powering the phone on, then volume up and volume down when you see the Android) you could wipe data/factory reset from that menu. then again, you might wanna let them do it in the store..

I am wondering if a data wipe is maybe needed when upgrading to a new Android version, as in this case..

Journeyman

Is the update having problems or is it just slow in coming? We don't have it yet in the Raleigh,NC area.

Journeyman

is it safe to assume this update has alot of issues upstream/

why else is it taking this long to circulate

Journeyman

Every other update I've gotten from Sprint was available manually on the day it was announced.  With this one it's been a week with no results -- and no word from Sprint.  Rollouts for automatic updates I get, but the update is available or not.  And it's not.

Journeyman

I can't vouch for the credibility of this, but I saw it on Android Central(post #27): http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-motorola-photon-q/263616-when-photon-q-will-even-get-jelly-b...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.