cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/19: Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE has Arrived

Wizard

Re: Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE, Coming Soon

That's how I felt about the Evo LTE at first - boy am I glad I didn't let that get in the way of upgrading.  My phone has yet to die because of a low battery through the day and I use it from 6:30am to about 10:30 at night.  My OEVO I would go through at LEAST two batteries in a day.

Wizard

The original Photon has a removable battery.

I will keep mine for now

Journeyman

Whoa whoa whoa. Can someone confirm that this has a NON-REMOVEABLE battery?? Does the normal Photon 4G have that too??? Why the hell would they do that?

Journeyman

@ Tomas, I can sympathize with your concerns.  I currently have the original Photon (which I love). 

I agree w/ the locked SIM.  Not ideal since we're dependent on Sprint exorbitant international charges.  I sincerely hope this is not a trend Sprint will continue for all future phones.

Based on initial spec leaks, I'm not thrilled the on-board memory is only 8 gig (compared to 16 gig on orig Photon).

However, I do like the LTE as well as ice cream sandwich right out of the box features though.

Journeyman

@ Oni, please click on the link.  It should answer most of your questions.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Motorola-PHOTON-Q_id7253

Wizard

I've been waiting for this device, but now that it is finally almost here there are two "features" that may prevent me from getting it.

I need the physical keyboard due to physical handicap, so "QWERTY devices" always get my attention.

This at first glance appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. Excellent keyboard based on the Droid 2 and Droid 4, good size screen, LTE, etc.

Then I get to the details: Non-removable battery smaller than the removable/replaceable battery in my physically smaller Motorola XPRT international QWERTY phone and non-removable locked SIM as opposed to the removable/replaceable SIM in my XPRT.

This means no chance at all for an extended battery, the life of the device is directly tied to the life of it's original battery, and no using of local SIMs when traveling, but only the locked built-in SIM at an average of twenty times the price per minute.

I'm unbelievably disappointed in these design choices. What otherwise might be an ideal travel/business 4G QWERTY device crippled by two simple design choices.

Journeyman

Hmm 5 questions.....

Will is have a SIM SLOT?

Is there expandable MicroSD Slot?

Will it come is GB sizes of 16,32,64?

What processor does it have?

How much RAM will it pack?

Journeyman

!!!! Bad move on the "non-removable SIM"  !!!!!......

Guess I will keep my original Photon that allows me to put in any SIM card I want when traveling outside the USA.....that works fine.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wizard

Tonyphan07 wrote:

Phonton q will be the same as this phonton 4g. Just added keyboard n lte. Is unlocked just like the phonton 4g. U can use it oversea.

With embedded SIM, you have to pay Sprint rate when using it overseas. Something like $4.00 or more a minute for a phone call where you can get local SIM for maybe $0.20 a minute