cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/19: Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE has Arrived

85 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 8/19: Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE has Arrived

I was told they would unlock the iPhone after you've had the phone for three months. But it was 9 months ago when I asked. It's all very frustrating.

Journeyman

That bad news is even worse because according to a Sprint rep I talked to last month, they won't unlock the iPhone 4S for international use of SIM cards outside of Sprint's international agreement rate system. Others claim this isn't so but I guess I'll find out first hand at some point.

Journeyman

I was considering buying the Photon Q to replace my Photon. But just like so many people here I was crushed to learn about the locked SIM card. There is no way I would ever buy a phone with a locked SIM card, and I can't imagine why anyone else would. The only phone Sprint carries now that I can travel with is the iPhone, which is bad news.

Journeyman

Re: Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE, Coming Soon

Ditto. I found swype a real PITA to use. No substitute for qwerty.

Journeyman

I can verify that I preordered on Monday and received on Friday.

Journeyman

Really liking this phone so far. I upgraded from the Samsung Epic 4G. I was soured on Samsung due to the 9 month wait on software upgrade when I was told at time of purchase "it will be out any week". That and the sorry radio that has been griped about so often. Frustrating watching my friends on Sprint chugging along while I'm searching for a signal.

This phone feels very stout and well built. Biggest drawback was the built-in battery but I hate using a phone without the qwerty slider and I figured Sprint wasn't going to give me too many options in the new LTE.

Definately a slight learning curve using this phone. Things I could do blindfolded on the Epic I haven't figured out on the Q. Also seems to be missing some of the bloatware I was stuck with on the last phone.

Now, if I can figure out how to turn on the 4G and get it to stop telling me it found available wi-fi I'll be happy.

Journeyman

Same here.  I'm not going to be the early adopter this go round. My GNex fortunately is satisfying me at the moment.  It has mediocre battery life, and I'm not moving to another phone just to have mediocre battery life on the new phone.  I'll stay with the GNex for that.

Journeyman

Google will probably swing the axe over at Moto. Haven't they done so already? I'm waiting to see full reviews on this phone before I make a decision. I'll decide on September 12th

Journeyman

Yes, because every other phone at release has been bug free at release...please.

on the battery side, I really don't get why it's the maxxx battery or the anemic battery that doesn't even have the juice of last year's phones. Embedded batteries are supposed to be bigger because they don't have the constraints of the casing and connector, yet they did nothing to maximize the battery. Heck, the Q is thicker than the Moto 4. I would've preferred a thinner phone with larger footprint than the opposite. I look at the Epic and think no slider should be bigger than the Epic and not much heavier. Two years later I want something thinner and no heavier. All the slates are ultra thin, but technology didn't keep up with sliders for some god forasken reason? It just shows it's more cost cutting and a lack of design skills in product development. Actually, I'd fire product development and marketing for not having a clue what customers actually want. And if you're going to give it an anemic battery, then you didn't take advantage of the space saving so you might as well have made it replaceable.

Journeyman

Non removable battery?

WTH??? That's a bigger problem for me if it's not the Razr Maxx battery. That's a pretty stupid move on Motorola's part. With no battery pull possibility and the thing not booting, and that's a problem. Buggy POS!!          `