cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/19: Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE has Arrived

Master

8/19: Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE has Arrived

Today Sprint announced the Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE is coming soon. You can read more about this exciting new device here.  The fact sheet link is here

Pricing and availability for Motorola PHOTON Q will be announced within the next few weeks.

Customers seeking additional information can visit www.sprint.com/photonq

Talk about it here.

mapesy

Motorola_Photon_Q_Asanti_PVCF.JPG

Message was edited by: mapesy who changed the title to reflect the launch of this device.

85 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Motorola PHOTON™ Q 4G LTE, Coming Soon

Too bad I got my Photon one year ago, so I'm not up for an upgrade.  The original Photon is still a great phone.  I hope the new Photon LTE will fix all of the small issues, especially not being to download apps via 3G (have to use 4G or Wi-Fi).

Journeyman

Does anyone know if there have been any QWERTY phones that can tilt up like the Touch Pro2 does? I love being able to set it on my desk and tilt it so I can see the screen... hoping this does that

Also hoping that SERO Premium + Data will cover this. It's going to be hard to give up my SERO 500 plan but I will do it for this phone

Dave_from_TX wrote:

Too bad I got my Photon one year ago, so I'm not up for an upgrade.  The original Photon is still a great phone.  I hope the new Photon LTE will fix all of the small issues, especially not being to download apps via 3G (have to use 4G or Wi-Fi).

That is a setting in the phone. If you go into the settings for Data Saver, one of the options is to only download over 4G or WiFi from the Play Store.

Journeyman

Unlocked bootloader?

Please?

Journeyman

I am over the moon... cannot count the number of times I have said something along the lines of "I would upgrade to a Photon... if it just... had... ad Qwerty... keyboard...."

And here it is!

Journeyman

Will it still use the car and desk dock from the 4g?

Journeyman

Sad it's only taken nearly 2yrs to finally have another device comparable to the Samsung Epic that includes a keyboard.  What makes this worse is that it simply is a pathetic reboot of the original Photon which was nothing to brag about.

Wake me when Sprint has a Nexus device with a sliding keyboard.  That way I can have the Qwerty I need and support from Google to ensure the device is updated frequently.

*Edit... AND this just ruined any possiblity of me even being remotely interested: GSM SIM is locked and not removable

If Sprint is going to treat their customers like children then you might just stop selling everything except the iPhone or hotglue your device cases.

Wizard

Appears to be based on the [Big Red] Droid 4 chassis, has good specs, and Googorola has already issued a blurb saying this device will have an unlockable bootloader...

Wizard

I will get this phone im a keyboad fan so i will get this phone went it come out.I look at the phone on Motorola.com and the phone look nice and can wait for it to come out.About time they come out with a keyboard LTE phone for pepole who like keyboard phones.

Community News

Community News

Aaargh! Subscribe to the Captain's Log to find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.