cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android memeory allocation

Journeyman

Android memeory allocation

So i've never had a trouble with app storage before, but recently i started getting errors that said i didn't have enough room to update my apps. I went on, deleted a bunch of music off of internal storage, and i keep getting the error. When i checked my storage in my settings, out of my 8GB internal memory, 2GB is taken up by apps, 15mB by storage, 116kB by music, 1MB taken up by other downloads, and 500MB free space. If we add it up, we get 2+.015+.001+.5=~2.7GB of usable storage. Am i missing something here, or does the android OS and sprint bloatware take up over 5GB of space?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Android memeory allocation

Maethus, 

Thank you for reaching out to us.  There's definitely a lot of going on with a smartphone that take up a lot of space. For this it's always recommended that you purchase and SD card for more available space.  What device do you have?  

Dania
Social Care

Journeyman

The Photon Q 4G LTE. Should it be taking up over half of the internal memory just for the OS? From what i've seen online, Jellybean takes up around 1GB of storage, where are the other 4 being lost to?

Master

Maethus,

Thank you for the reply; I apologize for the delayed response. Are you still having storage issues on your device? Have you brought your device to a Sprint service and repair center to they can run a diagnostic and address any potential issues you may be having? Have you purchased an SD card to help with the storage on your device? Please let us know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat