Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-detcts incorrect timezone

Journeyman

Auto-detcts incorrect timezone

I've just encountered a new issue with my Motorola Photon Q: it seems the auto-detect function for timezone is detecting the wrong timezone. I noticed it first two nights ago, when I realized that my phone was an hour behind the rest of the clocks in my apartment; I fiddled with the settings and found that instead of detecting EST (-5 GMT), which is where I live, the phone was detecting CST (-6 GMT). I live in central Kentucky, no where near CST, and I haven't traveled to CST in I don't even know how long, so there's no discernable reason this should be happening. As it was late, I turned off autodetect and went to bed. In the morning, I turned it back on to check, and low and behold it auto-detected EST. Problem solved.

I had no problems with it at all yesterday. Even when I went to bed, it was still showing EST time. This morning however, none of my alarms went off. When I finally woke, I checked my phone- and suddenly it was detecting CST, meaning it had pushed the time back an hour again, and thus my alarms didn't sound. I've turned auto-detect for timezone off for now, but this is kind of a problem. I do travel sometimes, and will be traveling within the next couple months. Has anyone else run into this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Auto-detcts incorrect timezone

SweetRaven,

Sorry for the delay.

I do apologize that you are having these issues.

Can I please have your zipcode and cross streets?

Also what software version are you currently running on the device?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm running Android 4.1.2 on the device. I'm going to send you a PM with my location, as I don't want to post it publicly. I'm not sure if it would having any bearing on this issue, but I believe they did recently upgrade a tower near me, as within the past week we've suddenly begun to run on the 4G network, where previously we had only 3G.

Highlighted

SweetRaven,

Ok, no problem. I look forward to speaking with you shortly.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat