cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen, out of options

Journeyman

Black screen, out of options

My Motorola Photon Q has had it's screen go black and become unresponsive. I have tried the soft reset from the sprint community and the factory reset instructions from the motorola website, but neither has resolved the problem. I obviously can't see the screen which makes troubleshooting very difficult. I had a very, very faint screen initially, but within 30 minutes or so it was completely blank.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Black screen, out of options

atticusosullivan,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Were you still having this issue / concern with your device?

Do you have TEP, if so I would advise visiting a service and repair location > http://bit.ly/HmuBvA

You can also send your phone to Motorola, if you don't want to go through us.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Did this issue ever get resolved? 'Cause I Have the same issue and don't know what to do.

Journeyman

Curious...I've never seen this happen before and now I see it's happened to 3 other users all within the past 8 weeks.  Could it be software related?

My phone was fine and then it slowly started to fade.  I turned it off & then could never get it to come on.  It's working as I can hear my ring tone when people call me and the notification light is blinking just no screen.  Grrr!

wilhelm625,

Thanks for posting. I apologize for the delay.

How long have you had this particular issue with your current device?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just had the same exact issue - phone completely blacked out and won't come back on. I just moved to a new city and solely depending on GPS to get around. Plus I have a conference call at 6pm and don't have a back-up phone. Ugggh!!!!! With so many people having this issue frequently, it has to be a software issue. I have to find the nearest repair store asap!  =(

Journeyman

So, I just got back home from Sprint and the store repairman got it back on! It apparently goes into some mode where it sleeps. He told me if it happens in the future to:

- Hold the power button and the volume up button down at the same time

- The Droid Man (green guy) should come up on the screen

- Let it sit for a while and then attempt to power up the phone again

Apparently they stopped selling the phone, so it must be a piece of crap. I should've went with my first instinct after learning the battery can't be removed. Hopefully it will get me through the next 2-3 weeks and then I will upgrade to the Samsung S4.

Good luck everyone

Journeyman

Wow - good stuff & I wish I had your Sprint repair person.  Mine shrugged, said there was nothing he could do. I lost all my pictures & it took 5 days for my new phone as they had to back order.

Journeyman

this is nice to know before I go up to the store which is like 2 hours away from where I live the fact that I have a black screen too phone works just no screen is aggravating ..... I will be contacting the company today to see if they can just send me something that works also the fact the battery cant be moved is one thing they should of thought about before making this phone!

Master

MISSAU31982, 

Thank you for posting to our Sprint community site. I'm sorry to hear that your device is experiencing an issue with a black screen. Have you reached out to Motorola in regards to this issue? Have you attempted any potential troubleshooting steps to help combat this issue? Please let me know, I look forward to your reply. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat