cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth pairing stops working

Journeyman

Bluetooth pairing stops working

I just got this new Motorola Photon Q 4G Lite and a 2012 Sorento. I paired it with the car so I could go "hands free". It worked for a while, then it stopped. I updated my software and it started working again. That lasted one week, now I am back to the same problem. Both car and phone show them paired to one another, but when making or receiving phone calls, I am unable to hear or speak. The other party cannot hear me either. I have unpaired and paired again, to no avail. Has anyone else had this same problem with this phone?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth pairing stops working

mmata10474-

Thanks so much for the post! Have you by chance verified compatibility? I did a bit of research and found the following site, http://www.kia.com/us/#/bluetooth/setup. Try accessing that since you're familiar with the features of your car.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Bluetooth pairing stops working

You're not the only one with this issue-

After looking up as much information on this issue as I could, basically going to every forum at motorola and sprint, unfortunately there is no resolve.

Every forum contains questions that are only answered by rhetoric contract statements.

Even the phone calls I have made have been answered with the statement " if you are still in your 14 day trial......."

Unfortunately I purchased mine at a non-corporate store 8 hours from my house while on a work related trip.

Upon returning, I discovered the bluetooth issue, but with 2 days left on my trial.

I wasn't going to drive 8 hours to return the phone.

The fact that Sprint and Motorola have heard of this issue and refuse to address it or inform customers at the time of purchase is totally unprofessional.

I went to a local store- a tech guy came out with a few phones to try, they all worked fine, but when he tried the photon q, fail, fai, fail.

It's not my car bluetooth, it's the phone.

We either have to get new phones, of suffer and re-pair the phone every time with hopes of no failure.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat