cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Keyboard Substitutes < when I Type SHIFT+; and > when I Type SHIFT+:

Go to solution
Journeyman

Hardware Keyboard Substitutes < when I Type SHIFT+; and > when I Type SHIFT+:

I've only had my Photon Q for about two weeks - and I'm fairly certain this was working properly before, however...

No matter what module I'm in (email, text, etc.), on the hardware keyboard, when I hold down SHIFT and press ; I get < and when I hold down SHIFT and press : I get >.  All other keys properly work when I press shift.

I've tried a reset, soft reset and cleared the application cache, but nothing is solving this.  Is it possible I've "re-assigned" these keys somehow?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Hardware Keyboard Substitutes < when I Type SHIFT+; and > when I Type SHIFT+:

Naturally, now that I've posted the problem, I found a solution elsewhere on this forum.  Apparently, this is caused by the Jelly Bean update:

'>' and '<' keys fix

Go to Settings > Language & Input > Physical Keyboard. There the keyboard is designated as "keypad_8960" with a language indicated as "English (US)." Press "Set up keyboard layouts", then UNcheck the language setting and exit.  The language indication will change to "Default."

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat