cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Screen not responding to touch...

Journeyman

Help! Screen not responding to touch...

The screen is on, but it won't respond to touch, so I can't do anything, not even unlock it. At first it only seemed to happen after I used (opened?) the physical keyboard, but now it won't work at all...

14 REPLIES
Master

Re: Help! Screen not responding to touch...

z.matt,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues you're having with your device. I advise you to take that to a Sprint Store. Can you remove the battery? What type of phone is it?
Thank you,
Ivan

Journeyman

Did you ever find a fix? Mine is doing the same thing.

Master

DLW1169-

Greetings! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues as well! How frequently is this occurring and I assume that you have no way of powering down the device being that the touch screen is unresponsive? I can certainly imagine how frustrating this must be. Hang in there and thanks in advance for your reply!

Regards,

William
Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. It began with the touch screen only working intermittently when the keyboard was pulled out, then after about a week the screen stopped working after I closed the keyboard. To get it to work again I'd have to open and close the keyboard a few times. Now the touch screen isnt working at all. I'm unable to even unlock the phone. It's a shame too, I really liked this phone. The XT897 is solid when it works. I've even pulled the rear case off the phone, pulled all 90 torx screws, removed the battery, removed the entire keyboard and everything down to the touch screen connector to see if a ribbon was torn or there was some dust or something in there causing this, but nothing at all. Put it back together and everything is just as it was, still no response from the touch screen.

Journeyman

Btw, I should also mention that I went to the sprint store and the guy just said to "wait it out" cause my contract is up in 3 months and I'm not eligible for an upgrade until then.... So at $120/month, I should just wait it out, or pay $200-$500 for a new phone to use for three months, OR pay $200+ to terminate the contract early. Being unable to make or even answer calls (you have to swipe the screen to answer) for the past week hasn't been fun. I'm certainly not going to deal with this for three more months.

Master

Grispyphone

I'm sorry to see that you're in this situation. Do you have the Total Equipment Protection plan? The Total Equipment Protection plan covers issues such as the screen not responding.

Joel

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

No, I do not.

Journeyman

Just looking at the "total equipment protection plan" makes my head hurt. It's $11 a month, so over the course of 21 months (how long Ive had the phone) I would have paid $231, then you add in the deductible of $150 which puts me at $381.

"So at $120/month, I should just wait it out, or pay $200-$500 for a new phone to use for three months, OR pay $200+ to terminate the contract early"

Thanks for the tip lol. If I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather just buy a new phone. I'm just going to have to buy a $10 jailbroken beater phone off of ebay to get me through the 3 remaining months on my contract, then sadly, leave sprint. You guys are kind of a joke with customer service and the coverage is pretty lacking. I'm in a decent sized city (population over 500k) and still on 3G with spotty service. Apparently sprint rolls out 4G in small towns first before hitting cities (at least thats what a customer service rep told me) which seems pretty illogical. Meanwhile Verizon is beta testing high speed cell coverage here which is supposed to have transfer rates roughly that of fiber op to replace the 4G which has been here for over 3 years now. When I signed up for service I guess I was just expecting more from a company that's been around this long.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue.  I cannot do anything with the phone since the touch screen won't respond.  I have to power the phone off to turn off the alarm in the morning, remove the battery just to disconnect from phone calls, can't reply to any text messages, and now I can't access any of my pictures. I am very frustrated. 

Journeyman

Also, I don't want to pay for a new phone with sprint because my contract is up  with them March 8 and I am planning to cancel my contract with them.  I guess I am stuck with this broken phone for another month.  Kinda makes it hard to function being it is my only phone and I am stay at home mommy with 5 kidsSmiley Sad

Master

​The best course of action for the issue you're having is to have your phone checked out at a Sprint service and repair store. - Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat