cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Replacement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Replacement

I currently have a Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (not willing to try other devices) with a bloated battery and cannot find a fix. Would anyone know where I can buy a NEW or one in Excellent condition?

Tags (5)
5 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Replacement

the battery is removable or non removable?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It does not appear to be removable. I took it into a Sprint corporate store a few months ago and the tech indicated that it could not be removed after a 5 min inspection. Is there a way to tell?

GrandMaster

usually if the battery is removable the back  cover comes off pretty easily..easiest way would be to look at the specs of the device.

did a quick scan through this forum and found that its non removable. the only option you really have would be to either send it into Motorola and have them swap out the battery..find another Q through amazon or something along those lines...odds are it'll be used...or upgrade to a newer device..if memory serves the Q didnt see much when it came to updates or fixes..

Photon Q's battery

keep in mind this device is quite old tech wise..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick update and assistance. I may have to exercise buying a new or refurbed unit. Does anyone know if this particular model comes in a removable battery?

GrandMaster

unfortunately it doesnt. more and more devices are coming with non removable batteries. most of the HTC line now has moved to non removable. also keep in mind that all the newer devices are going to be spark capable..which means you will get faster speeds and better building penetration (depending on the towers around and their current status)..which also means you will lose call/data at the same time until Sprint deploys VoLTE (Voice over LTE)...which is rumored to start some time this year..but as usual until its announced its only a rumor.

didnt want you to walk into the calls/no data ordeal without knowing ahead of time

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!