cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE will not turn on

Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE will not turn on

I normally put my phone on the charger whenever the battery gets low. Today it ran out all the way and the phone powered itself on. I plugged it in to the charger and the green light comes on and stays on. Every couple of minutes the phone tries to power itself up, the light blinks red, it vibrates and shuts itself off, and the green light turns back on. The phone never turns on all the way (so I can't even look to see if the battery is charging).

It's been four hours! I tried switching the charger to the USB port on my computer and get a message saying that windows does not recognize the device.

With any other phone I would try taking the battery out and putting it back in, but you can't with this one! Any advice? I have brand new photos of family in there and would hate to lose them.

3 REPLIES
Master

Re: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE will not turn on

ALYBUNNY1:

Thank you for reaching out to us on our forums.

Please disconnect the charger, wait two minutes and then attempt to power the device on without the charger being attached. Please let me know if the device powers up or if it is non-responsive.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Good luck, I had to send mine to Motorola after the same thing, mine was still under warranty with them, been over three weeks, promised a temp replacement phone, got sent one that only works on AT&T, sent it back and got an email 7 days ago it would be 2-3 days before sent another phone, still waiting now, no word on how long it will take to fix my phone. I am so done replacing expensive phones, not to mention how much it costs to run them. If I get my phone back I am considering going back to a simple plain phone, they lasted a heck of a lot longer then these junk phones we get charged hundreds of dollars to buy and if something goes wrong you better hope your carrying insurance (which is another joke).

Master

jlorban,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can understand your frustration. Assurion has open enrollment for the rest of June. When you device is activated you can request to have TEP added. Check out www.sprint.com/protection for great information. Hang in there.

Social Care,
Lamar
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @Em_Will_I_Am, and we'll check it out!