cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I fix?

Go to solution
Journeyman

My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I fix?

My phone was working fine all day, then it froze. I tried touching the screen and it remained unresponsive. I then proceeded to type on the keyboard and still no response. The screen was still lit this whole time, then finally it just went blank. I have tried powering it off and back on but it won't respond. I have tried putting in my charger (it had battery life still before it froze) and it doesn't recognize that it is plugged in. I am at my wits end here. This is already my 2nd Photon LTE and I would REALLY like to not have to purchase/pay deductible for another one or any other phone. May you please help me!

Thank you for your time

-Jeff Harris

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I fix?

That's not good. I'm more than happy to help you out. Since this phone does not have the option to remove the battery, there is a process for this. Please press and hold Volume Down and Power at the same time for ten seconds. The phone should turn off. Wait a few seconds, then power the phone back on. Let me know if this does the trick for you.

Thank you,

Ivan

Journeyman

Re: My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I fix?

This has resolved the issue Ivan, I thank you!

Journeyman

Re: My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I

Yes I have tried. It powers on but before it finishes switch off again. please assist

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I

hello
Master

Plug the phone in and leave it plugged in for a while, hours, not minutes. Make sure it's fully charged if at all possible. Then try the power/volume buttons again.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat