cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I fix?

Go to solution
Journeyman

My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I fix?

My phone was working fine all day, then it froze. I tried touching the screen and it remained unresponsive. I then proceeded to type on the keyboard and still no response. The screen was still lit this whole time, then finally it just went blank. I have tried powering it off and back on but it won't respond. I have tried putting in my charger (it had battery life still before it froze) and it doesn't recognize that it is plugged in. I am at my wits end here. This is already my 2nd Photon LTE and I would REALLY like to not have to purchase/pay deductible for another one or any other phone. May you please help me!

Thank you for your time

-Jeff Harris

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I fix?

That's not good. I'm more than happy to help you out. Since this phone does not have the option to remove the battery, there is a process for this. Please press and hold Volume Down and Power at the same time for ten seconds. The phone should turn off. Wait a few seconds, then power the phone back on. Let me know if this does the trick for you.

Thank you,

Ivan

Journeyman

Re: My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I fix?

This has resolved the issue Ivan, I thank you!

Journeyman

Re: My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I

Yes I have tried. It powers on but before it finishes switch off again. please assist

Journeyman

Re: My phone just froze then the screen cut off and now it won't respond. Please help me. How can I

hello
Highlighted
Master

Plug the phone in and leave it plugged in for a while, hours, not minutes. Make sure it's fully charged if at all possible. Then try the power/volume buttons again.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat