cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone randomly turns off and wont pick up a charge until a few hours later.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone randomly turns off and wont pick up a charge until a few hours later.

I took my old photon q to a sprint store on 9/18 and told me there was nothing they can do and they gave me another photon q(which I thought was new, but my brother that works for sprint told me it was refurbished) and not even one week later this problem started happening. My batter could be at any level of remaining life left and the phone will suddenly turn off and won't turn on or pick up a charge until hours later(once it took more than 12 hours). I took it to a sprint store after I had it charged and they told me nothing was wrong with the phone and to bring it back next time it happened. Well it happened yesterday and they told me to contact customer care? Going to the store was a total waste of my time because I was lied to the first time. I thought this issue was done since the majority of this month this issue didn't happen, but it happened yesterday, and again today. I have insurance on my phone, how can I get this fixed or get a brand new photon q?

5 REPLIES
Master

Re: Phone randomly turns off and wont pick up a charge until a few hours later.

carlos2531,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are having. Did they test the device do you when you took it in? Also can I [lease have the store location?

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

All the cashier/sales person did was plug it in and saw that it didn't pick up a charge and said to call customer care. He did not take it to the back for the repairmen to look at it. The phone did turn on a few hours later. Today it was charging and was about 80% and now it happened again. I will have to wait a few more hours before I can use this phone again.

It should be this location:

8180 Park Ln Ste C349

Park Lane

Dallas, TX 75231

(214) 361-2759

Master

Allow us to take a look into this for you. Please Please PM us by following this link here http://bit.ly/1qQty1X.

Mirleine

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

We have two Photon Q Motorola phones on our plan and they both have this same problem.  We've had the battery replaced on one and it helped a little.  We've had both go out where they won't charge at all.  The repair store was able to help with what they called "jump start".  We hate these phones, but are not eligible to replace them for another 282 days.  I'm not sure how we will handle.  We don't have insurance on them.  I'm not sure if maybe Motorola can help.  They have some fancy new phone choices, but I am reluctant to choose Motorola again.

Master

WyomingSprint -

Sorry to hear you are not happy with your devices. I understand you have 282 days left on your contract. Were you interested in upgrading through the Easy Pay Program? If so, this is something I can look into for you. If you would like more information about the Easy Pay Program access Sprint.com/EasyPay If you have any questions or concerns about the program, let me know.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!