cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon 4g LTE and it's ringer

Journeyman

Photon 4g LTE and it's ringer

Had to go back to my basic Rant phone.  Took my Photon to two different Sprint stores that had techs.  My problem is that the ringer would go to a silent mode or a very short blip sound.  It did this no matter which ringer I selected.  Bought it in early Nov 13 and since it went past the 14 day return time when I noticed the issues I'm now stuck with it.  And of course it's not even worth anything on the sprint by-back program.  Sprint is not the problem it's the phone.  Now I'm most likely going to have to get a used different phone off either Sprint, EBAY, or Amazon network.  I would not even try to pass the photon off or a resale on ebay due to the issues I was having.  On trying to resolve the issue one tech said I didn't "turn off the phone for more than 3 weeks" and the other put a newer ring tone on and said to use that one, and he could not find any issues.but it didn't help.  Anyone else have a ringer issue with the Photon 4g LTE?

2 REPLIES
Master

Re: Photon 4g LTE and it's ringer

Ceytc Have you tried these steps:
1- When selecting the ringtone, make sure you press DONE before exiting.
2- Also, repeat this when you set the volume levels for RINGTONE, NOTIFICATION, ALARM, & MEDIA.
3- Once you've done these things, try a battery pull & reboot. If these things haven't helped, I'd suspect an app that has been recently installed (especially something like GO CONTACTS or something like it) that could be interfering with the phone settings. In this case you can reset the phone to factory default. Keep us posted on your results. Khalid Sprint Social Care.
Journeyman

Re: Photon 4g LTE and it's ringer

Yes We tried all that.  Even when the tech downloaded a ringer it worked for maybe 2 times then back to the blip ring.  I don't have GO Contacts.  I pressed all the things I was supposed to.  STILL DID NOT WORK AND NOW IM STUCK WITH THE PHONE, CANT TRADE IN ITS..ONLY WORTH 20 BUCKS ON TRADE IN AT SPRINT.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat