cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon Q 4G LTE stuck on Sprint screen in boot after multiple hard resets

Journeyman

Photon Q 4G LTE stuck on Sprint screen in boot after multiple hard resets

My device will not boot past the Sprint graphic.  It completes the Motorola portion, then lags its way to the yellow and black Sprint screen, where it stays indefinitely.  Once I'm sure it won't boot all the way, I've tried two methods of turning it off, a soft reset (holding down the power and volume down keys) and a regular power down (holding down the power key).  When I hold these keys down to turn it off, after a few seconds the phone begins vibrating, and continues to do so until I release the key(s), at which time it powers off.  After it turns off it won't turn back on again for an extended period of time, regardless of how much charge it has or whether or not it's charging.  The most recent time it allowed me to boot at all I booted into recovery mode, where I performed a hard factory reset, hoping it would restore the phone to its factory condition, at least software-wise, as its name would indicate.  No such luck.  The phone boots in the same manner, and I turned it off in the same way, and it hasn't let me boot it again since I turned it off over an hour ago.  It has been plugged in the whole time, and the battery hasn't been overheating or anything like that.  The device is not rooted.  Anyone have any idea what's going on?  What should I do?

1 REPLY
Master

Re: Photon Q 4G LTE stuck on Sprint screen in boot after multiple hard resets

bradich - We are sorry to hear about the issue you have been experiencing with your device. Our recommendation is that you stop by one of our service centers with the device. One of our technicians can diagnose the device and see what's going. - Krista
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat