cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon Q Pick-Up List

Journeyman

Photon Q Pick-Up List

Over the past two weeks, I've had good success tracking down information I need to customize my new Photon Q.  I've got a couple of issues left that I simply can't find answers for, so I thought I'd post them here since most of you have probably had the phone longer than me (please note, the phone is not rooted so I'm looking for non-rooted solutions):

• USB Connection - Is it possible to get this to show at the top of the Notification Shade when the phone is connected?
  • Mass Storage Device vs. Media Transfer Protocol - I understand the difference between the two protocols and that it doesn't support Motocast; so I've decided to simply use whatever backup software products can communicate over MTP without an available drive letter.  PureSync didn't work for me because there's some sort of bug and it'll only back up the root directory, so I'm using Cheetah Sync, which works well.  I just wondered whether others can suggest alternatives because I'd prefer backing up via a direct connection rather than wireless, as Cheetah requires.
  • Is it possible to re-assign hardware keys?  I'd like to change the "Camera" button so that it launches my flashlight app instead.

That's about it.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat