cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photon Q: Sprint, the Never Network

12 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Photon Q: Sprint, the Never Network

planored, you should just do what I ended up doing: About to just pay ETF and get rid of Sprint . . .

Not sure how T-Mobile is down in Texas, but its great in NYC.

Dont know what the Sprint reps are doing around here. They never responded to me in that thread before I left Sprint. And now they're answering one guy who posted three months ago....

Wizard

planored,

Thanks for your post. We definitely don't want your device to explode and are happy to look into some solution to combat this issue. Just for clarification, may you please describe the issues you are experiencing? Also, in your reply, please include your zip code and nearest cross streets just so that we may survey the tower(s) in your neighborhood.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

gators4321,

Thanks for your post.  I am sorry that you are reporting service issues in Florida. We're here and happy to assist in resolving this matter. May you please advise the exact issues your are experiencing, along with the zip code and nearest cross streets where this is taking place?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

This happens to me ALLLL the time and I am in Texas. Wonder if it is Sprint or the phone? This is my second Photon and the same thing keeps happening!!! I really thought this phone was the bomb and now I would love to see it explode like a bomb!

Journeyman

Sprint's network is virtually non-existent.  They are always "working on the towers" - in my case down her in Florida has been at least 6 to 8 months now.  Last time no connectivity for better than 25 hours

Journeyman

No problem, having a slow day at the office anyway haha.

Journeyman

PandaSPUR,

Yes, you are correct. I am looking into what I can with the information you sent. Thank you for such fast replies!

*Ben

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ben,

Thanks for looking into this. Hopefully we can sort this out.

I've PM'd you.

EDIT: By 3G do you mean I should be seeing EVDO? I think I've only ever seen that once since I got this phone. Usually I'm on 1xRTT even though the 3G icon is in my notification bar. I can tell via Settings > Phone Info > Status.

Journeyman

PandaSPUR,

I am more than happy to do all that I can. I looked into all three locations provided and would like to get our network techs working on two (Jackson Street/Cherry Street and S Wood Avenue/Thornall Street). As well I would like to dig further into this as each of the three towers are in a different state and you should not be on 1xRTT. I can say that the LTE network has not been fully built out in those areas, which may help explain why eHRPD is not showing up. However you should still be seeing 3G. Please PM me your phone number and PIN so that I can keep on this.

*Ben

Social Care

Journeyman

Hello,

Hopefully you can help me out. Here are the areas I mainly use my phone in:

Jackson Street and Cherry Street, 10002

Jay Street and Myrtle Avenue, 11201

S Wood Avenue and Thornall Street, 08830

I can safely say I never get eHRPD in those areas. Always stuck on 1xRTT