cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power down / soft reset instructions for the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE

Master

Power down / soft reset instructions for the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE

The Photon Q has an internal battery which cannot be removed. For this reason a soft reset / forced shut down function was built into the device.

Soft Reset Instructions

Hold down the Power Key and the Volume Down key simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds.  This will power down the device.  Power the phone back on by pressing the power key.

4 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Power down / soft reset instructions for the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE

Thanks, I didn't know about this feature.

Journeyman

I have had issues with my Photon in regards to power.  It seems to go dead overnight while it is on the charger.  The only thing that makes it work again is the Power Down/Soft Reset instructions that you have explained here.  My question is why does the phone go blank/dead and won't come back on until this reset is done?  And... My battery doesn't seem to keep a charge like it did before all of this happened. 

Any suggestions or help with this?  I use my phone as an alarm in the morning and when it goes dark during the middle of the night and doesn't respond... I don't get my wake up alarm. 

HELP please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

THANK YOU so much for posting this. I have had this issue before and took it to a Sprint store. They fixed it for me but didn't tell me how and the nearest repair center is 45 minutes away. So thanks again for posting this as I got the "gray screen of death" or the "sleep of death" again. The soft reset worked perfectly. I am super super happy with this phone and want it to last forever!

Journeyman

thamk you just got my phone today and read this and it helped me get it back up.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.