cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen issues outside in the cold

Journeyman

Touchscreen issues outside in the cold

Hi, when I am outside in the cold and it is a little windy, the screen moves all over the place as if I am touching it but I'm not. Is this a hardware issues, and if so what can I do about it?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Touchscreen issues outside in the cold

I have the same issue.  Anyone with ideas as to what is going on? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?????

Journeyman

This happens to me as well. It's so irritating and my previous phone (EVO 3D) did the exact same thing.

Journeyman

I have the same problem Srint offers no help!

Journeyman

I have had this issue at times, and I solve it by wiping down the screen really well, that fixes it for me. however, I don't live in a cold place, so yours could be a different issue. might be worth a try tho, and if doesn't help, then the phone might have some kind of sensitivity to wind/cold?

Journeyman

I also have this issue.  The quick fix for me is to just hit the power button to put it to sleep and turn it right back on.  It blows though.  Apparently they didn't test it in the cold or something.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.