cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Wi-Fi Search?

Journeyman

Turn off Wi-Fi Search?

Phone is constantly advising of available wi-fi; to the point it's getting really annoying. Wi-fi is turned off. On my Epic 4G I knew how to go into the settings and shut off that connection optimizer garbage that Sprint installed on our phones via an update. I have dug through everything I can think of and can't find a similar ability. Ideas?

I know this thing is brand spanking new but I can't believe how little there is about this phone online. Didn't have this issue with the pre-order Epic 4G.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Turn off Wi-Fi Search?

Hello? Still no response to this problem? Having this thing ask me 20+ times a day is getting really friggin annoying. It would be one thing if I could actually connect but these are peoples/businesses private, locked signals.

If I want wi-fi I'll turm it on. Otherwise, QUIT ASKING!

Journeyman

Try: Settings>Wi-Fi>Menu>Advanced.  Then remove checkmarks from Open Network Reminders and Secure Network Reminders.  This worked for me.  Good luck.

Journeyman

Exactly what I was looking for... AWESOME.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat