cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Wi-Fi Search?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Turn off Wi-Fi Search?

Phone is constantly advising of available wi-fi; to the point it's getting really annoying. Wi-fi is turned off. On my Epic 4G I knew how to go into the settings and shut off that connection optimizer garbage that Sprint installed on our phones via an update. I have dug through everything I can think of and can't find a similar ability. Ideas?

I know this thing is brand spanking new but I can't believe how little there is about this phone online. Didn't have this issue with the pre-order Epic 4G.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello? Still no response to this problem? Having this thing ask me 20+ times a day is getting really friggin annoying. It would be one thing if I could actually connect but these are peoples/businesses private, locked signals.

If I want wi-fi I'll turm it on. Otherwise, QUIT ASKING!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try: Settings>Wi-Fi>Menu>Advanced.  Then remove checkmarks from Open Network Reminders and Secure Network Reminders.  This worked for me.  Good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly what I was looking for... AWESOME.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat