cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not charge but connects to laptop as a usb device

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will not charge but connects to laptop as a usb device

After a week of dealing with SPRINTs crappy customer service, NOW my stupid phone will not charge.  I can connect it a laptop and it will connect as a storage device but will not charge.  I am using all the same cables I have used since I got the phone.  I have had nothing but awful service from all aspects of Sprint and now I have a broken crappy phone, so any suggestions are appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: Will not charge but connects to laptop as a usb device

horridservice - Have you tried using a different USB cable? Also, did you try taking the phone into the sore for them to run an advance diagnostic test on the device? - Rick Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have tried several different cables. I use 2 regularly and neither work, and then I tried 3 other ones that we just have in the house and none of those work either.  I will be taking it in to the store today.  Since the battery is built in, if it goes bad does that mean the entire device is bad?

Highlighted
Master

horridservice,

The Service and Repair store will probably not be able to replace the battery if it is bad on devices that have non-removable batteries. However, they will be able to assist you in ordering a Warranty replacement device if needed. Please keep us updated after your visit.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

That is great...  I originally purchased a Galaxy III  and some how, did not have insurance on it.  The other phone on my plan did, but that one was overlooked.  When it broke, I had to purchase a new phone, while still paying for that one, and now that it is broken I have to pay for that on top of still paying for the original phone.  NO part of dealing with Sprint has been pleasant or easy and I am so incredibly frustrated with the state of the customer service. I have been looking for a place to send an email detailing this experience and can not find anything except a public forum? 

Highlighted
Master

horridservice,

To further address this issues, please PM us using the following link. I have also included instructions to email us if you prefer that method of communication.

PM: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X
Email: http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I found a link in a previous thread and sent a message there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Went into the store and since my the battery is bad and built in, there is no way to repair the phone.  Getting a new phone in 3 days.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat