cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Journeyman

Re: photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Ok did some digging: Error 8 in the spec is for PDN connection request is administratively prohibited from the HSGW (HRPD server gateway - which is defined in the 3GPP2 to provide the interworking between HRPD and EPC networks. Its part of the eHRPD (evolved). Basically Sprint CDMA to LTE through EPC is SCREWED UP and they need to fix it! FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to call an (ex?!?)-tech buddy of mine, don't think she works there anymore, but it can't hurt, she might be able to kick some people around and get the correct peeps on this.

And as far as the 3 and 5 error codes they are P-GW address not available and connection rejected. That's means Sprint has your account set up a little better than mine, but still not correct. Everyone call and get a SPRINT tech on the line and tell them to fix the LTE to CDMA connection, that is my assumption at least (I'm an electrical engineer, but work in semiconductors not networking, at least not anymore)

Journeyman

Re: photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Well, this is helpful! At least it's nice to have some idea what's going on....

-Stephen

Journeyman

Okay so here is the update on the VSNCP Registraton Error.  I spoke to Motorola and was told that the 3 error is in regards to a software error with MMS picture messaging.  I was asked to call sprint and ask them to help edit my profile.  If you go to the dial pad and punch ##3282# into your dial pad a menu will come. up.  Click on data profile.  Your user name should be yourname@sprintpcs.com.  Anything extra such as an extra .com needs to be removed. You have to call sprint to get the pass code that will allow you to edit this.  Once you update your user name power your phone off and on.  Go in and check your data profile again to ensure that it reads properly  The VSNCP error should be gone.  It is also good to double check and make sure that you can connect tot he internet still.  I have done this and it appears to be working.  Sprint also said that they and Motorola are aware of this issue and plan to further correct it in the next phone software update.  I will update if I find out anything further.  Motorola is due to follow up with me in the next day or so.  I hope some of you find this helpful.   

Journeyman

Nice work, AngelLuv, but this was posted here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/98316?question_box=change%20sprintpcs%20email%20photon%20q&id...

Unfortunately , I continue to receive a VSNCP Registration error from time to time, this time I think the # is 8 and it says something to the effect of Admin Prohibited...

Journeyman

Thanks for that.  I too am receiving the error again.  I still have an open case with Motorola.  They are investigating further.  Once I hear of something solid I will update here.  Thanks. 

Journeyman

How are you picking up a 4G signal? Unless I read incorrectly, the phone only receives 3G and 4G-LTE (a different freq and system than the old 4G). I am getting the same errors and from what I have deduced it is coming from the lack of a LTE network. These errors relate to LTE protocols.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a new Photon Q 4G LTE phone and I get about 3 of these each day . It seems to alternate between VSNCP registration error 5 and 3. Aren't these LTE errors? Sprint doesn't have LTE in my area. I also noticed some people think this phone gets the old 4G network, it only receives 3G and the mostly promised future LTE network that is very, very limited right now.

Journeyman

I'm pretty sure it's a connection failure notice. I often notice it when switching from 3g to 4g because the 4g service is still flaky here and when the switch occurs the internet is disabled for a moment.

I'm mostly certain it is a problem with the Motorola Service app. If you turn on data restriction and restrict data for that app the VSNCP errors appear much more frequently. 

In short, i think the app expects constant connection to the internet, but Sprint's network is a bit spotty, so results vary.

Journeyman

Where do you live? Is the LTE network operational there? The old 4G is not compatible with that phone.

Journeyman

I live in Baltimore and LTE is live here. When I say 4g, I am referring to LTE and not the old WiMax 4G. When connected to LTE, the 3g icon on the phone changes to read "4g", not "LTE" as some phones do.

Journeyman

i just received a different error, unless it is the same error with different wording:

Journeyman

I just got the phone a few days ago and encountered the error, too. I was about to call, but just a few minutes ago I received a notice for an update and once that was installed, all the messages with photos I had gotten errors on finally downloaded!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.