cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Sprint Employee

Re: photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

We have 2 types of 4G networks, WiMax, which is the one that had been first introduced about 4-5 years ago. and the LTE service which is the one that we more recently started rolling out. in short LTE is more capable, universal, and in most places will be faster. Swyping them I believe does end the running tasks, alternative to pressing back arrow, or selecting menu > exit. I find if Juice defender is enabled, and set to auto disable Mobile data it helps me make it through the day. Smart actions works well for some. I haven't used it.

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

Re: photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Hello BartmanLACA, up to now I have not been able to see this error in an LTE area, and had limited documentation for this message, please send me a private message, I would like to look into this for you.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

yesterday i got VSNCP Error 8. i see these errors once in a while, but not nearly as often as before the software update for the Photon Q. but yesterday it popped up, and i had my phone on CDMA-only, wasn't even trying to get LTE.

i also live in Los Angeles, and the sprint store told me that LTE hasn't officially launched here yet, so perhaps they are still testing/turning things on and off? i have been running in CDMA-only mode for a while now because after the software upfdate, my battery life got HORRIBLE while on CDMA/LTE.

Journeyman

Guaranteed, this is the last Motorola phone I buy. And the only reason I got it was because it's a slider. I'm actually really tempted to just go back to my Samsung Galaxy so I don't have to deal with this hot, steaming mess of a phone.

Journeyman

They walked me through the address change that was supposedly causing all the problems (an extra .com or something) and it was better for a while. Then I started getting a different error message. Some people swear by Motorola, but my screen would sometimes lock up for no apparent reason and battery would sometimes drain very quickly for no apparent reason. Annoying but I was learning to work with it. Then my screen turned to snow and I couldn't shut it down. Apparently that is called "garbled." I took it in and they said it was not repairable. I am so glad I have insurance, and I am so glad I hung on to my old HTC Hero (which is a real trooper, by the way). I chose the Photon Q because it seemed more text friendly than the Galaxy S3, but no way am I risking that again. So Galaxy S3 will be my replacement. I hope you all have better luck than I did with the Photon Q.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat