cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Journeyman

photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Is anyone else getting this error msg repeatedly showing up on their phone?  If so, what does it mean?

Thanks.

40 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

I'm getting the same error message and I lost my Circles app on my display screen too.  Does anyone know how to get it back?  It says that it's running, but it is not displaying.

Journeyman

Re: photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

You can get the circles back by re-selecting it in the "widgets" area.  Settings>widgets tab.  I think its on page 2 of the widgets.  You may need to reboot (turn off/on) your phone.  It happened to me as well.  I had lost the back ground color at one point which i needed to reselect in the wallpapers area of the display settings. 

Journeyman

I too am receiving this error frequently.  I am not sure why it is doing it. 

Journeyman

I got this error a few times today. I noticed it appeared shortly after my phone detected a 4g signal (I saw the 4G icon), but failed to connect to it. (The 4g signal only appeared for a brief moment, so I must be on the edge of service.)

Journeyman

I get VSNCP Error 8: Admin Prohibited.  Sprint rep was unable to advise on root cause or its impact.

Journeyman

Daily I get a VSNCP error.  I have started tracking them and I am either getting Error 3 or Error 5.  They seem to alternate.  I wish someone had an answer for us. 

Journeyman

I just got this message today and am unable to dismiss it.  When I touch it, it just minimizes the notification.  Confused!  I'm not even in an area that has 4G as far as I know.

Journeyman

I too am getting this error! And the Sprint map says I'm swamped in 4g signal, but I've never connected to it.

(And yes, I've enabled 4g under settings).

-Stephen

Journeyman

I am also getting the VSNCP Error 8: Admin Prohibited error, I do have 4G enabled, but since I've got the phone have not seen it connect to 4G even ONCE! My Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy 2 Shift connected to 4G in Austin, TX ALL THE TIME! WTF?!?

Journeyman

same here! i've never seen my photon q connect to 4g in the Los Angeles area...

Journeyman

I have reached out to Motorola directly about this.  My first phone call was last week.  I have since then have spoken to a couple of people about the cause of this message and how to prevent it.  Most customer service reps/supervisors there say they have never heard of such an error.  I have mostly been told to take my phone in and swap it out for a new one.  I told them that I would prefer to know what the cause is before I do that because the next one could do the same thing.  I went from regular customer service rep, to level 2 tech and alos level 3 tech.  I currently have a ticket in with the development team at Motorola which is higher than the level 3 tech that I had spoken to.  I will follow up with them sometime next week and post a reply here when I actually get an answer.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat