cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Journeyman

photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

Is anyone else getting this error msg repeatedly showing up on their phone?  If so, what does it mean?

Thanks.

40 REPLIES 40
Journeyman

Re: photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

I'm getting the same error message and I lost my Circles app on my display screen too.  Does anyone know how to get it back?  It says that it's running, but it is not displaying.

Journeyman

Re: photon q repeatedly displaying error: vsncp registration error 5:p-GW Reject

You can get the circles back by re-selecting it in the "widgets" area.  Settings>widgets tab.  I think its on page 2 of the widgets.  You may need to reboot (turn off/on) your phone.  It happened to me as well.  I had lost the back ground color at one point which i needed to reselect in the wallpapers area of the display settings. 

Journeyman

I too am receiving this error frequently.  I am not sure why it is doing it. 

Journeyman

I got this error a few times today. I noticed it appeared shortly after my phone detected a 4g signal (I saw the 4G icon), but failed to connect to it. (The 4g signal only appeared for a brief moment, so I must be on the edge of service.)

Journeyman

I get VSNCP Error 8: Admin Prohibited.  Sprint rep was unable to advise on root cause or its impact.

Journeyman

Daily I get a VSNCP error.  I have started tracking them and I am either getting Error 3 or Error 5.  They seem to alternate.  I wish someone had an answer for us. 

Journeyman

I just got this message today and am unable to dismiss it.  When I touch it, it just minimizes the notification.  Confused!  I'm not even in an area that has 4G as far as I know.

Journeyman

I too am getting this error! And the Sprint map says I'm swamped in 4g signal, but I've never connected to it.

(And yes, I've enabled 4g under settings).

-Stephen

Journeyman

I am also getting the VSNCP Error 8: Admin Prohibited error, I do have 4G enabled, but since I've got the phone have not seen it connect to 4G even ONCE! My Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy 2 Shift connected to 4G in Austin, TX ALL THE TIME! WTF?!?

Journeyman

same here! i've never seen my photon q connect to 4g in the Los Angeles area...

Journeyman

I have reached out to Motorola directly about this.  My first phone call was last week.  I have since then have spoken to a couple of people about the cause of this message and how to prevent it.  Most customer service reps/supervisors there say they have never heard of such an error.  I have mostly been told to take my phone in and swap it out for a new one.  I told them that I would prefer to know what the cause is before I do that because the next one could do the same thing.  I went from regular customer service rep, to level 2 tech and alos level 3 tech.  I currently have a ticket in with the development team at Motorola which is higher than the level 3 tech that I had spoken to.  I will follow up with them sometime next week and post a reply here when I actually get an answer.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat