cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the charging light won't turn on

Journeyman

the charging light won't turn on

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden i put my phone to charge and it wouldn't do its normal charging screen. I had to do a reset to turn on the phone and now there is no green indicator light when i put it to charge. the phone charges but the light won't turn on. It is a Motorola Photon Q 4G Lte

what do i do?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: the charging light won't turn on

jessicavarghese

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry for the delay, we appreciate your patience.

Are you still having the charging light issue? If you are, I would like you to try a soft reset on your device to see if this will reset the light setting. Press and hold the Power button along with the Volume down button for at least 10 seconds. Your phone will respond and perform a soft reset, this will not erase any information you have on your device.

Did it fix the issue? Keep me posted.

Thank you.

Jessica  Social Media Care

Journeyman

After the 4.1.2 update I've noticed that my charge light does not illuminate either. Actually there is no charge indicator at all but the device is charging. I've also noticed that since the update no PC will detect the phone via USB. That for me is a larger issue. I can no longer use ADB.

Journeyman

xboxor

Thank you for your response.

I would like for you to provide me with your software version on your device. You can find that by going to All Apps icon>Settings>About Phone and under "Build Number". I will check to see if you have the latest software, an update may fix the issue you're having.

I appreciate your patience, while I work on this for you.

Jessica   Social Media Care

Journeyman

I hope this is helpful. My 4g has never once connected to anything. I think the modem was factory defect but I never did anything about it because after a week of owning the phone I had unlocked the boot loader for root access because I depend on OpenVPN connectivity.

Screenshot_2013-06-26-12-53-24.png

Journeyman

I now wonder if an ODIN flash (firmware) for the 4g/LTE adapter could bring it to life.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat