cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update - KRNS-X4-1.1.10

Journeyman

Moto_Mark,

Thanks for your assistance.  I'm assuming you mean to go to the Sprint Zone app on the XPRT (not a Windows desktop application). When I get to "About", it only has the option to Check for Update, and that fails, I assume since I have no Internet connection.  Does it sound like I'm looking in the right place? 

Journeyman

Moto_Mark wrote:

@rblizz

There is no downgrade option. Do you have your phone set to Any CDMA or Sprint only for the current mobile network? Does the audio change on speakerphone or with wired or bluetooth headset?

If you have outgoing audio issues...

Do you have a case on the phone and is it possibly blocking the front or rear microphones? If you cover the main microphone while talking it could affect call quality as the ambient noise cancellation would then pick up your voice and try to cancel it out.

Hi Mark, thanks for the response.

The phone was set to the default "Any CDMA" but I have now (at least temporarily) set it to "Sprint Only." Which is better? I don't use a bluetooth device or wired headset, but the audio remains (remained) the same with speakerphone. As for outgoing, I never had a problem until the update and haven't changed my usage patterns.

HOWEVER, I also posted on the Motorola Support forums and was advised to do a cold reset, which I've done. I did have two cache errors when I reset the phone ("E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command" and "E: Can't open /cache/recovery/caller"), so this may have been the issue. Two test calls so far and sound seems better -- though they were both short calls, so I want to do more testing before declaring "all is well." At least it's encouraging so far.

Journeyman

Hi Moto_Mark,

Thank you for info, but a question about the Profile and PRL update. I'm currently in Australia on business, so since I am currently outside of Sprint's coverage area is there any way for me to be able to update both the Profile and PRL since I am basically roaming on the networks of the various Australian telcos here?

Best reagrds,

m.

Journeyman

Hi Moto_Mark

I have the same issue as mb76. I am in the Middle East on travel. PRL will not update and

neither will my Profile. Is there a way to update overseas? Not having WiFi overseas makes

this phone almost useless. So far  I have had a great experience with this phone in my travels.

Well, up until i updated.

Thanks

O

I am in the same boat as a couple of the other posters, I am also overseas. I bought this phone for the sole reason of taking it to afghanistan and being able to pop in a local SIM and use wifi where available. So how can this be fixed? Surely when the software was made someone must have thought that at least a few people would be using an international phone internationally?

Journeyman

Hi m.

I was able to get my wifi back and working. The process is a little convulted but seems to work so far. I've rebooted phone 3 times and its been successful.

Go into settings and turn on GSM data. I let the phone get a 3G connection. Once connected I attempted to turn on wifi and it worked. I then went back into settings

and disabled GSM data. Wifi was up and running for a while. Unfotunately after reboot these settings do not stay. So after every reboot, you will have to do the same

unless MOTO or SPRINT come out with a patch for it. Remember the phone is also unlocked for GSM so if you have a local SIM card and get get data on the cheap

you will be fine. Hope this helps.

O

Journeyman

Hi ONTx512,

Thanks for the info. I tried your steps this morning, but I was still getting the Wifi 'Error'. I'll try again here in a bit.

Thanks again,

m.

Journeyman

I've got the same problem here too....no WiFi now!

Journeyman

None of the fixes or workarounds mentioned have worked. This phone was intended to be WiFi-only, so there is no carrier.  The message "Error" appears immediately under "WiFi" after I click that field.  As others have mentioned, it worked fine until the latest firmware update.

Journeyman

So after trying the previously  mentioned suggestions, I still do not have working Wifi. I also ended up  doing a factory reset and that didn't work either. In fact can someone  please explain why a factory reset still keeps the phone at the 4.1.110  update and doesn't actually revert it back to the firmware version that  shipped with the phone? It's really unacceptable that there is no fix to  a problem that the most recent firmware update has caused and as an  international businessman it is unbelievable that I have a phone that is  not able to function as advertised. I would greatly appreciate as I'm  sure would the others with this problem to have a solution offered to  restore our phones to proper fucntionality.

Best regards,

m.

Well, here in afghanistan I can get my wifi to work as long as I am able  to connect to an edge network... What is the point of wifi if it ONLY  works when you are connected to a data network!? Why doesn't factory reseting the phone fix it? Would sprint maybe  like to help out their customers here?

Journeyman

Try this. See if it works for you.

Mark

Motorola Support

ilikedroidphones wrote:

Well, here in afghanistan I can get my wifi to work as long as I am able  to connect to an edge network... What is the point of wifi if it ONLY  works when you are connected to a data network!? Why doesn't factory reseting the phone fix it? Would sprint maybe  like to help out their customers here?

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!