- Fix to color backgrounds (remove red)

- Improve EAS GAL Search

- Improve EAS First Sync timing

- Fix Forward /Reply markers to original email

- SMS fix when using () in SMS body

- BT toasts when syncing contacts improved

Important Notes

- The software version is 4.5.1-110-KNS-46

- Refer to the Motorola XPRT™ Software Updates blog for install instructions          

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

From menu > settings > accounts do you still see the account listed? If you do & tap on it, do you have the remove account button? I've just updated an XPRT here, and tested it successfully with a couple of EAS accounts.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Account is still there, "remove account" button does not work. When I pull up my account now all I see is Username (blank) and password (filled in), but the username field doesn't allow data entry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just upgrade my phone to gingerbread today and I keep getting the error message:  'The process andriod.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."  My gallery doesn't work and I can not change any of my volume or ringtones.  Please help!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have updated and after a period of time, all "problems" are resolved; that is - my internet came back, i have all my apps and they seem to be working. My problem is major reduction in the battery life, does not even last for a day like it did before and it is very very slow. The new thing with battery usage is to show how long (time) the phone has been on the battery but not the percent charge like before. You can only get that when you plug in the charger. Is anyone else having these problems and are there suggestions to fix this please? I liked my phone before Gingerbread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd upgraded to Gingerbread a few days ago. Looks nice, but whereas my battery used to get me through a day and a half with heavy usage, it now barely lasts 2/3's of a day. I want to uninstall this "upgrade" so badly!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have same problem, I am standing next to my wife how has sprint and a good signal, my xprt says no service!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to do a system restore to get back to the previous software because I'd read somewhere that might work. Fail   All it did was erase everything, which was expected and which I really would not have minded had it also returned me back to Froyo. Anywho, the Gingerbread OS is still on the phone and...I guess I just have to learn to live with it. It's causing my phone to lag and/or freeze much more often among other things (which make me wonder if the XPRT is even equipped to handle any upgrades. I had the same problem with my Blackberry Bold a couple of years ago when I'd upgraded to os6, but it was much easier to return to os5.) I hope this Juice Defender app helps restore my battery to its former glory. Any future updates will be avoided like the plague, lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Everyone venting about not liking the Gingerbread update is nice but does anyone who works at sprint visit this forum also and therefore can offer some suggestions/recommendations on how to address these complaints? as as for future updates, I found one site that suggested that this update was probably the last for the XPRT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I would really like to talk to a rep regarding my battery life. It is NOT surviving at all. It used to last throughout the day and more, but now its dead by 8:00 when I am not home yet. Any help??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, I was wondering if you could help in regads to going back to froyo from gingerbread? My battery life is awful now, or maybe another update. It is dying by 8:00pm when my day starts at 11:00 am. Any help would be much appreciated

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Elvira_Guillen, I'm not able to help you revert to Froyo, But I can make some suggestions that may help preserve your battery life. Firstly I suggest running Juice defender, beyond that make sure you've disabled features while they are not in use, like WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS. leave POP/IMAP email accounts to check for mail as infrequently as possible.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having the same problem as first commenter - I just get "update failed to install" after the reboot. Is there a debug mode or log file where we can get more detail? Or any way to manuall install from a computer while hooked up to USB?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat