cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola XPRT Gingerbread Update???

Journeyman

Re: Motorola XPRT Gingerbread Update???

I second this - as the delay in the Gingerbread update is way past a joke. Please provide the SBF so we can at least have a go ourselves! Seriously how hard can it be to provide an update for this phone, when Verizon can on pretty much an identical phone!

Journeyman

Chute - I think "way past a joke" is an understatement! Especially since the cheap "new" ZTE Fury phone even has 2.3 preinstalled! #IWantMyTreoBack

Journeyman

unacceptable from sprint.

Journeyman

Would you rather have a software update that cripples the phone (LG Optimus)? When the EVO 4G went from 2.2 to 2.3 there were several major issues. I will gladly keep my 2.2 Xprt

Journeyman

my xprt feels quite crippled with 2.2 to be honest. Not sure if it's only mine but it requires several restarts a day. Some apps won't even run without a fresh restart just prior to opening them (especially Google map, and also some games, ..).

I even had to install an app called "fast reboot" that restarts all opened apps, and put a shortcut on my home screen... I have to click that thing about 10 times a day or more if i want to phone to run smoohtly.

Journeyman

I don't even see the XPRT mentionned on motorola's future OS updates/ypgrades page! its not looking good..

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Journeyman

I still have my XPRT (which i had before my iPhone) and its surprising to see that this STILL is stuck on 2.2!  The sad thing is that people were asking the same question on the Motorola site, and there, they were being told that the Gingerbread update was coming, but I guess suddenly the story has changed and its no longer going to be updated?  IDK what the problem is, here they said it was coming as recently as 2 months ago...  but you check their upgrade list (which they themselves, instruct people to check!) and the XPRT isn't even LISTED on their list of phones (which even included discontinued phones).  Its like Moto is denying the XPRT even exists.  I guess their logic is "what upgrade? we don't have anything called an XPRT so how can we upgrade it?" 

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/1abd67c61b

"posted April 19, 2012 by Mark (Forums Manager)ÜBERXprt (12,000+ points)  Permalink

Thanks for your interest of Gingerbread for Motorola XPRT on the Sprint Network. We know you've seen some unconfirmed reports that Gingerbread will be ready at launch however this information isn't valid. We can confirm that the Motorola XPRT will see a Gingerbread, however upgrade details of that launch are not yet available. Please look to the Motorola Android Upgrade News site for more details as they become available."

Journeyman

Mark (Forums Manager)

XPRT™ Pre-Release Software Testers Needed

Discussion posted May 18, 2012 by Mark (Forums Manager)ÜBERXprt (12,000+ points), last edited May 19, 2012 , tagged MOTOROLA XPRT™, Sprint/Nextel

Discussion Subject:

XPRT™ Pre-Release Software Testers Needed

Comment:

Motorola and Sprint are happy to announce a future pre-release* update opportunity for XPRT, before it is officially released to all customers. We are recruiting 1,000 XPRT owners to test and provide feedback on a future update.

Please register for the Motorola Feedback Network to be considered.

Motorola and Sprint Community Managers

* Motorola Software Pre-Releases are final software checks, with a limited group of users, before upgrades/updates are provided to the general public. Software tested may be no different than what other users receive, once testing is complete.

Due to security enhancements, once you have upgraded to Gingerbread (2.3) you cannot downgrade back to FroYo (2.2).

Journeyman

When is the 2.3 update rolling out?  The Sprint website states the motorola xprt is SHIPPING with Android 2.3 ?????

Journeyman

Apparently, Motorola is currently beta testing 2.3 on the XPRT but only select users can get it who had signed up. I've read on XDA end of August, beginning of October when 2.3 will be OTA.

HOPEFULLY, this is very true. I'm checking everyday to see if theres an update ready.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I heard that the gingerbread beta that was pushed out ota to the beta testers is holding up well.

Journeyman

I just registered for for the Motorola Feedback Network... But in the meanwhile, I will try this...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-xprt/185731-update-gingerbread-motorola-xprt.html

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat