cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola XPRT Gingerbread Update???

Journeyman

Does anyone have a clue what it would take to get Gingerbread on the XPRT.  As far as I know, The Motorola Droid Pro (XPRT brother) already received the Gingerbread update some time ago.  What stops a phone to get updated?  Is it Sprints fault or Motorola, would someone please educate me.  I would pay for it like an app I like if I could.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, I could not find anything, so please educate me on that as well... Happy Thanksgiving. 

27 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Motorola XPRT Gingerbread Update???

I'm wondering the same thing, what's going on here??

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=9143

Master

The phone came out on 5-25-2011 so by tomorrow it will have been released 6 months ago...There has already been one software update pushed out on 10-13-2011 to fix several issues...I do not have information on any further possible updates for this device.  If there is an update for it, you will be notified on the screen.  I wish I could tell you more. 

Thank you

-John

Journeyman

Thanks alot but I still am looking for a few answers as to weather or not Motorola pushed the Gingerbread update to Sprint and Sprint is sitting on it or Sprint found problems with it?  I figured the Droid Pro received Gingerbread awhile ago and was looking for a possible date range if and when the XPRT would receive it. Thanks Robotaholic/John for the quick response.  I'm down with Sprint for the long haul because I know they have a good plan in place so I can wait.

Thanks for the Forum also...

Journeyman

Thanks for the link, I emailed the writer to see if he can find out anything.  The XPRT is the best 3G phone Sprint has.  I will upgrade to 4G when Sprint switches to LTE in June 2012...

Journeyman

I talked with tech support a few weeks ago and they said they have Gingerbread but are working out the bugs.  Anyone having issues with your XPRT where the automatic sync on your email just stopped for no apparent reason?  First it did it with my gmail accounts, and then 2 months later, it has done it with my corporate account.  Any fixes?  Thanks, Jan

Journeyman

I recently began having my phone not answer at all.  Locks up and I have to pull the battery. Does not happen all the time.  Not having any email issues to speak of.

Saw a business account manager today in Target, he said to look for a Gingerbread update for the XPRT in 30 days.  Ill be waiting....

Any truth to this Sprint???

Journeyman

I don't understand why it hasn't gotten the update already...it has way better specs than a lot of other Sprint phones running 2.3

Journeyman

It is likely not going to happen :-(....   Verizon Droid Pro wins out AGAIN....  Still love my Sprint though, much much better customer service. 

Journeyman

30 Days. Just checked for updates.

I guess the business account manager in Target meant 30 days as in 90-120 days.

Journeyman

This sucks!  I just purchased the Motorla XPRT and loving it; however, after leaving the EVO I would appreciate a more robust experience than Froyo?  My guess is with Ice Cream Sandwhich soon to be released we are stuck with what we have. 

Journeyman

The phone came out in May/2011 and now it is MArch/2012...

Early on this phone was said to get the 2.3 android update (...in a few weeks...), and many purchased it because of this.

Where is the update? or the SPF file, so that we can manually update it?

M

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat