cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPRT phone issues with hotspot?! Help! Husband is deployed & needs to use Hotspot asap!

Journeyman

XPRT phone issues with hotspot?! Help! Husband is deployed & needs to use Hotspot asap!

My husband is deployed. He has an XPRT phone. I had him turn on the HotSpot app and it did not work. He got to the screen where it asks for a password. He did not have the proper password. I called Sprint and they reset it. HotSpot STILL DOES NOT WORK. Yes, I told Sprint to turn it on both online and on the phone. Yes, I know they know it is for his phone and not mine to be put on. Yes, he has enabled the app by clicking on it and the green check mark appears. We are desperate as he is deployed and cannot use his laptop like he normally does (we had to change phones from Samsung Galaxy something or other to this new XPRT due to him being deployed overseas. International calling/plan/text.) He does not have any other way to use the internet from any place around him. He cannot SKYPE/ooVoo with me and we are very upset over this issue! PLEASE HELP! 

3 REPLIES
Master

Re: XPRT phone issues with hotspot?! Help! Husband is deployed & needs to use Hotspot asap!

You stated he got to a screen where it requested a password.  Was this on the phone or on the computer.   If on the computer it wants the password for the hotspot to allow the computer to connect to it   Does he have international data roaming enabled on his device and does he phone pick up a data signal

You can find the password by going to 

3G Mobile Hotspot

advanced

WIFI AP mode settings

Security  Check to see what type of security is set  and select correct type for your  computer

: Select the type of security you want, and enter a password  this password would then be entered on the  computer

Wizard

Re: XPRT phone issues with hotspot?! Help! Husband is deployed & needs to use Hotspot asap!

SoulsFury,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems communicating with your husband due to the fact that his Hotspot is not working. You say that he is deployed, which country is he serving in? It sounds like the feature was not set up properly before he left the country. Hotspot internationally will be charged by the megabyte, which can get very expensive.The feature would have had to been set up while in the US. Let me know if you have any questions.

Journeyman

Thank you for replying...  I am going to respond to you both. The password screen was on his PHONE, not the computer.

He does not have international anything put on there yet, as he is still in the states for the next 30 days prior to being shipped to another country. So he is still in the U.S.

There is no reason why this should even be an issue to begin with. Normally on the other phone it was: 1.  Call Sprint have Hotspot turned on or do it online. 2. Enable the Hotspot on the phone. 3. Connect the computer to the HotSpot, easy to do and until we switched to this XPRT phone. sigh

I talked with Sprint in person and they told me that it could be a router number being off by a digit or something along that line that is not allowing the phone to connect. Which means I would have to have a Sprint person manually go through all of the code to see where the numbers are off at.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat