cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola i1: Data plans?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Motorola i1: Data plans?

Can the Moto i1 be purchased and activated without a data plan?  There are many conflicting sources, and some say yes, and some say no.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Motorola i1: Data plans?

stephanieanna32 wrote:

Can the Moto i1 be purchased and activated without a data plan?  There are many conflicting sources, and some say yes, and some say no.

You can purchase an i1 from Sprint online with no data plan.  If you click on "About data plans for this phone" you will see

Some important things to know about your Motorola i1

Phones built on the Android platform bring lots  of great features to your fingertips. Those features rely on a  dependable data network and a data plan. To take advantage of the great  features of your Motorola i1, we recommend one of the following data  plans. A $0.03/KB charge applies without a data plan or add-on.

http://shop.sprint.com/en/stores/popups/android_Moto_i1_plan_details_popup.shtml

Since a "$0.03/KB charge applies without a data plan", it must be possible to activate it without one.  However, realize that if you do use data, that is $30 per megabyte.

Message was edited by: wasbakntyme

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hm, thanks! So can it be purchased without a data plan online and only? Not at the store..

Highlighted
Journeyman

stephanie, not sure if you attempted this but I did.  they told me i could get it without a data plan but when it came they would not let me activate it without a data plan.  it was a big waste of time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thats not true because i had gotten the i1 and i dont have a data plan and they still let me activate it but the lady on the phon ask me if i wanted to andd unliited data for ten dollars more whichs make my bill 59 dollars a month not to bad

Highlighted
Journeyman

cool! you are lucky, my experience included talking to at least 4 sprint people, all said it wasnt possible.  i was disappointed.

that being said, your phone was activated with a data plan so it doesnt  contradict what they told me.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat