cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i1 won't sync with Google contacts

Highlighted
Patron

i1 won't sync with Google contacts

Anyone had issues, or a solution to the i1 not syncing with google contacts?  My email and calendar sync just fine, but the contacts generate an error message "Sync is currently experiencing problems, It will be back shortly."

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: i1 won't sync with Google contacts

i also had a problem with this getgtting it to install apps and the ones tha do install, most do not work....

Journeyman

i havent activated my i1 yet, but im suddenly getting the same error message on my evo. about sync having problems will be back up shortly or some shyznyt. so hopefully its not the i1 or the evo rather just sync itself. thats how i plan on transferring contacts to my i1.

Patron

I reset the phone and Google contacts loaded just fine.  Then I tried to import my sim contacts. That process hung up forever.  I went out of the screen, then back in & there was a dialog box waiting for a response.  After that everything works ok.  Obviously buggy.  The i1 does keep Google contacts separate from Phone (Sim) contacts.  The good news is I can have a smaller subset of phone contacts.  The bad news is if I have the same person as a phone and google contact, I get two entries.  Then you have to decide where you want the contact to reside.  Phone contacts to do not get sync'd with Google Contacts.

Journeyman

i activated last week and my gmail contacts are syncing better than with my evo. it synced everything immmediately including dc #s. now for some reason my evo isnt syncing. i keep getting an error message about it bein down temporarily. this really blows!! i was looking forward to having both phones constantly in sync with my gmail account but the evo is slacking. the calender syncs fine but wont sync contacts. any help?? as for the i1.........im loving it. it really is the baddest up to date nextel ever!! sure 1.6 is garbage , but its got 5.0 meg camera, beautiful touch screen, and on wifi it flies. i been getting alot of compliments on the i1, def glad i remain faithful to sprint/nextel. next up is the epic. if the evo doesnt start syncing ima swap in the epic. anyone know a simple procedure for ringtones/notifications on the i1??? in froyo i have a folder on the sd card for both so i just drag n drop on the evo, but the i1 doesnt have these folders. i tried creating one but it didnt show. thnx.

Journeyman

What you mean by "reseting" the phone?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat