Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Owner Issues

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Account Owner Issues

I don't login into my account often, or pretty much at all for that matter. 

So a year ago I tried to log in but I couldn't and every retrieval of the password or username said there was no account tied to it. I then made a new account but it is a limited account and when I tried to request for more permissions it said the request was sent to the primary account holder but that was the account I could not log into and did not exist.

This didn't bother me then but now I want to change some things on my account but I can't on that account. So I searched around and here I am on the community sprint site where apparently the primary account, this account, that I'm posting this with still exists. So is there any way to get the account back or at least get owner permissions on the new account that I made?

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Account Owner Issues

JKPhas, you can enter your billing ZIP code and account PIN on the My Preferences page to become an Account Owner. You can learn about the different levels of profile access on sprint.com @ http://sprint.co/2uIyzl7

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know 🙂

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I tried to do that but when I click on continue nothing happens. However when I click on the "I don't have my PIN" it tells me that my account number doesn't match their records. What does that mean? I got the account number from some documents in My Documents under Account Overview since I cant see my ebill.

Is there anything I can do or is it out of my hand at this point and I need someone from their end to help me?

Master

JKPhas, I’ll be happy to work on this, please respond to the private message I sent you so that I can get started.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Apparently, there is no fix for this. They don't want us to have complete control over our accounts. I will be switching to another carrier soon. Its a shame since I've been a loyal customer since 2003.

Journeyman

We're sorry, we are unable to upgrade your device online. Please visit your local Sprint store or call us at 1-866-275-1411.

OR

We're sorry. For security reasons, you can't manage your account online. To make changes to your account, please click the chat icon on the top right of the page and have your account PIN handy or make an appointment at a store near you.

(My rant): After being a loyal sprint customer since 2003, I have never encountered such an unfixable problem after several attempts in store, via web chat, and over the phone customer care. I have always been the only account owner, and always managed my account online. I've been trying to get this fixed since May of this year (2017). I am now at my quitting point. As soon as I am able, I will be switching to a different carrier. This speaks volumes if sprint is unable to fix a small web issue such as this.

I wish you all great success in the future. As for me, I'm done.

(Rant over)

Journeyman

Oh no Journeyman... I have only been having this problem for a week and am ready to give up! I am the only owner of my account and it tells me to change my username, but there is no way to do that unless you can log in. Of course, I can't do that because it wants me to change my username before I can log in! Circles circles and more circles. I am going crazy trying to make these people understand and help me.
Journeyman

I think I meant Marctown 78. Anyhow, I too have been a customer for over 10 years and have been to the Sprint store, on chat and spent several hours online. I have started looking for other carriers as I have no binding contracts with Sprint, thank goodness.
Sprint Social Care

Hello 1divers. Thanks for taking the time to post about this issue. We can understand your frustration but don't lose your cool, we are here to help. We would like to have a look at the account and help you resolve this issue. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.  

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat