Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alway getting security change

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: Alway getting security change

sprint17years.

Sprint is focused on protecting our customer’s personal and account information and your online security is very important to us. That is why Sprint has implemented an additional security check to protect customer. Again, it is not a "glitch". Since you are having trouble login into Sprint.com, I'm happy to help. Just send me a private by clicking on my name then selecting send message.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Again, NO. That is NOT correct or even accurate to what we are saying. Many of us are 10, 15, almost 20 year customers with a lot of experience with the sprint site, sprint service/policies, and IT in general, and to keep repeating the useless "its for security" is not only poor service but almost offensive.

Making customers use a texted pin EVERY SINGLE TIME they log in (from the same exact location, same exact device, same exact network, same exact browser) is not "protecting" us.  No site, including the IRS, banks, legal sites do this. This is not like a one time pin or code when you sign in from a NEW LOCATION or NEW device, which makes complete sense.

And not everyone gets this! So if it's "security" and only some are getting it who are NOT doing anything different, then it defnitely is a glitch or at best, an extremely poorly and incorrectly implemented program determining who gets it and when.

Lastly, again, NO ONE IS HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IT. We are logging in.

Sorry to yell but the constant repeating yourself and trying to make things clear and getting completely different answers and form responses is extremely frustrating!

BTW - the first sprint rep who I messaged on FB DID tell me word for word its a glitch and a known issue, and sprint tech is working on it.

Journeyman

I dont understand how this is about secuirty when the only thing that changed on the site is now we have to keep putting in these stupid codes.

Also, unable to send you a message, get a script error.

Journeyman

Re: Always getting security change

I am having this same issue.  

If you are basing this on IP address please add a feature that says "Allow me to login from this device in the future" and SAVE the data.  This is what other sites do and then your consumer does not have to reset their pw 20 times a day.  Also, provide an EMAIL ADDRESS field to send the code to versus the phone.  This is a horrible user experience and there are ways to fix this.  Your tech teams need to look at their authentication methods and responses and ways to improve this.  I have two accounts, one with my phone and one with my step-sons (in college).  Everytime I log in with his account I get the pw reset message even though I have done it OVER 20 times.  I shouldn't have to ask him to text me the code you text, I should have an option to send the code to email address to reset.  SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

GrandMaster

weird. the previous site if you left it idle for to long it would auto sign you out and you would have to sign right back in again in order to do anything.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Hi Folks, 

I'm sorry for the hassle this issue is causing and having run into it myself, totally understand your frustration.  I'm sending this off to the Web team for investigation and I'll follow up when I know something.  Typically, there will be a delay before I hear anything and someone from Sprint may have to come back and ask some of you for specific information (privately).  

If you've already reported or you're reporting it for the first time, please do us a favor and tell us if you're logging in from a mobile device (phone or tablet) or a PC and what browser (and version) you're using.

I did notice one thing myself.  I reset my password as prompted the first time.  Chrome then asked to save my new password, which I agreed to do.  The next time I attempted to login with said saved password, I got the 2nd level verification (select a phone number to send a code to) but pressed the back button.  When I got back to the login screen I was able to manually type in the password and get in.  Your mileage may vary and I know it's not a solution, just a possible workaround.

Hang tight, when we've heard something, one of the Community Managers will update this thread. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

This is driving me insane.  Every single time I log in I get this message.

To top it off I recently ported some of my family's lines (including mine) to Verizon which means every time I log in I need to call one of the four still-active lines to get another code.  EVERY TIME.  Even my credit cards let me at least use my email address.

By the way, when I log into Verizon they just ask me a security question.  Only once and only if it's a new computer.  It's nice when things just work...

Journeyman

Thank you seawolf for addressing this and not cutting and pasting a form response 😉

If I click back, it gives me an error page and I have to reload. Sometimes even putting in the correct pin gives me a blank page with something like "invalid parameter" or similar, then I have to go back and reload and start all over again with a new pin. Something is definitely wrong.

Just went to sign on now as usual, and again, the request. I tried 10 times yesterday from the same pc as always and got asked 10 times for a new pin.

Happens on FF, Chrome, IE for me - interesting that I just tried on IE now to report back here and after entering the info it goes to "we've hit a snag on our end - try again later"  But if I try on FF it brings me to the security check thing

Journeyman

cannot access sprint.com or reset password

Earlier today, I had attempted to login to sprint.com, & instead of getting my account page, I was instead redirected to another page requesting that I enter my username & password to check my upgrade eligibility (I had a padlock displayed in the address bar the entire time verifying the certificates as valid) - there was no way to bypass this page to continue into the website, which left me very annoyed, but then when I re-entered my username & password in order to continue I instead received an error message saying my password was incorrect. I ended up locked out of the website.

I attempted to reset my password, thinking that maybe the account was compromised - first of all, the reset page (padlock displayed throughout process showing all certificates to be valid) showed multiple fields for the same info, which is very confusing, then I never got any kind of response to my request - when I hit submit, it brought me to a page with a line of gibberish on it. I never received a reset email, and I still cannot access the website. I was able to get in at least a week ago approximately - now I'm extremely upset because for all I know, my account may have been hacked & there's nothing I can do about it?!? I tried calling the C/S number but the automated system refuses to connect me with anyone until I provide a phone number first - my problem is the website, not my phone!!

Master

Re: cannot access sprint.com or reset password

VJ2G2FS, the website was under maintenance on Saturday, although it started at 11:30PM CT and ended at 8:30 AM CT on 03/19/2017. That could have been the reason why you experienced this problem however, everything should be working fine now.

Have you tried resetting the password again? Did you check your email account junk or spam folder?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I just tried to login again, & again I was redirected to the upgrade screen where I was once again told my password is incorrect.

I clicked on "forgot password" & after submitting my username, got this instead:

{"validated":true,"zipSSNValidSection":true,"isSingleBan":true,"responseUrl":"/mysprint/pages/sl/forgotpassword/modals/forgot_password_single_ban.jsp","securityQuestion":"First employer?"}

now I can't even reset my password?!? 

Helllo VJ2G2FS!

Lets take a closer look into this for you. Please reply to the Private Message I sent you.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat