Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alway getting security change

Go to solution
Journeyman

Alway getting security change

For the last few months now ive been constantly getting the "We've updated our security select a phone number to send an 8 digit code to"...normally this wouldnt be an issue just an extra step to take but first off i do not have a phone on my account so i cannot text it to myself and secondly it also constantly changes the site im accessing sometimes itll work properly and show that im the account holder then others itll just act as if im just a user its honestly getting quite frustrating because i only access the online to view usage and to check upgrade elibility on my lines
88 REPLIES 88

This is happening to me as well.  I am logging in from my laptop and have used the latest versions of MSIE or Chrome.  No matter what, I get the updated security message and a question which phone to send the code to.  Every time I log in this happens.  This has probably been happening for 3+ weeks now.  Sorry, I don't remember exactly when it started.  No changes have been made in my account from my side in about 6 months.  Let meknow if you need further information to help troubleshoot this.

@WxAggie88 wrote:

This is happening to me as well.  I am logging in from my laptop and have used the latest versions of MSIE or Chrome.  No matter what, I get the updated security message and a question which phone to send the code to.  Every time I log in this happens.  This has probably been happening for 3+ weeks now.  Sorry, I don't remember exactly when it started.  No changes have been made in my account from my side in about 6 months.  Let meknow if you need further information to help troubleshoot this.

Thanks for the details @WxAggie88!

staytuned.JPG

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Still happening. Same computer, browser, account, going on maybe 6+ weeks now. Funny how it's not more difficult to log into sprint than it is to legal sites, city records sites, banks ,IRS, medical sites etc.

I am getting this issue also.  I log into MySprint from the same computer as before and I have to get a text and input a code.

One time I understand but not every single time!

It makes me do this multiple times while I'm on the site.

Very annoying, please fix!

Community Manager

Are you being asked to reset your password every time, Ambwisk?

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Adding on to this thread, yes I am being asked to reset my password everytime. It is stuck in an endless loop of verification code and sending me to the password reset page. I am using Microsoft Edge browser and a single computer.

I went back closed browser, cleared out all browser data and got the same results.

Adding onto my post...I get prompted to have a verification code sent to me but I never have had to change my password.

its being looked into. its not affecting everyone so they are trying to narrow down what the possible cause would be
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

I never get the password change request, just the 8 digit pin, if that helps

It does, thanks @sprint17years

SeaWolf

No.  I just have to get a text and input the security code multiple times, while using the site.

I'm not sure if something has been fixed or not but I just logged in and wasn't prompted to get a new verification code. 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat