cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alway getting security change

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Alway getting security change

Stop. Just stop. Enough with these kinds of responses!

The fact that Sprint is outsourcing customer service at this level is deplorable. Not only do most reps have zero clue what they are talking about (mainly due to poor upper management) they and the cut and paste responses assume the customer is clueless, has no idea about internet security, and is going to buy the BS about it being for our protection. What about the 6 different answers to the same question? The 2+ months it's taking to fix? 

On top of that, responses like this are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors and are just a cheap, sorry excuse for service. Please - correct the grammar before conducting business online with customers. I count 7 errors at first glance

Sprint does not need level after level of security 3x more than what the IRS or a banking/legal site does! What it is is a POORLY executed attempt to upgrade something, and a ridiculously slow process to fix it as well as a complete lack of communication to employees and customers about these issues and glitches. Every other site has these things fixed in a day or less and sends emails out when something goes wrong.

Journeyman

And just tried logging in now and NOTHING IS FIXED - over two months like this - two pages of things to enter and submit before access.

Sprint Social Care

Re: Asked to enter a code every log in

SNOKOMO, There are many factors that can drive this identity validation, but the leading driver is logging on from a different device. This may also occur when checking out on sprint.com and remaining idle for more than 120 minutes. We are actually aware of the situation and we still working to resolve it. We truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Kryshna

Sprint Social Care Team

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: cannot access sprint.com or reset password

Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! I was finally able to get in - site is still a little bit wacky but at least I am able to get back in. Many thanks to Shalonda for all her help - she was able to help me reset my password & get me back into the site. Smiley Very Happy

Journeyman

Re: cannot access sprint.com or reset password

We are glad you got your issue resolved and we appreciate your good feedback. Thank you for being part of Sprint!

Caro
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@RpriddyII wrote:
For the last few months now ive been constantly getting the "We've updated our security select a phone number to send an 8 digit code to"...normally this wouldnt be an issue just an extra step to take but first off i do not have a phone on my account so i cannot text it to myself and secondly it also constantly changes the site im accessing sometimes itll work properly and show that im the account holder then others itll just act as if im just a user its honestly getting quite frustrating because i only access the online to view usage and to check upgrade elibility on my lines

DITTO!! DITTO!! DITTO!! DITTO!!! (except that I do have a cell phone on the account and my app is having the same issue but much worse--won't even let me log in with the security code verification). VERY IRRITATING AND FRUSTRATING. CAN SOMEONE AT SPRINT PLEASE RECTIFY THIS ISSUE ASAP BEFORE YOU START LOSING CUSTOMERS TO THE COMPETITION!!  ;/

Journeyman

I absolutely agree! Even my bank has this figured out without all the hassle and that requires tons more security than my cell phone website/app!!!! 😕

@sprint17years wrote:

Stop. Just stop. Enough with these kinds of responses!

The fact that Sprint is outsourcing customer service at this level is deplorable. Not only do most reps have zero clue what they are talking about (mainly due to poor upper management) they and the cut and paste responses assume the customer is clueless, has no idea about internet security, and is going to buy the BS about it being for our protection. What about the 6 different answers to the same question? The 2+ months it's taking to fix? 

On top of that, responses like this are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors and are just a cheap, sorry excuse for service. Please - correct the grammar before conducting business online with customers. I count 7 errors at first glance

Sprint does not need level after level of security 3x more than what the IRS or a banking/legal site does! What it is is a POORLY executed attempt to upgrade something, and a ridiculously slow process to fix it as well as a complete lack of communication to employees and customers about these issues and glitches. Every other site has these things fixed in a day or less and sends emails out when something goes wrong.

Journeyman

@seawolf wrote:

Hi Folks, 

I'm sorry for the hassle this issue is causing and having run into it myself, totally understand your frustration.  I'm sending this off to the Web team for investigation and I'll follow up when I know something.  Typically, there will be a delay before I hear anything and someone from Sprint may have to come back and ask some of you for specific information (privately).  

If you've already reported or you're reporting it for the first time, please do us a favor and tell us if you're logging in from a mobile device (phone or tablet) or a PC and what browser (and version) you're using.

I did notice one thing myself.  I reset my password as prompted the first time.  Chrome then asked to save my new password, which I agreed to do.  The next time I attempted to login with said saved password, I got the 2nd level verification (select a phone number to send a code to) but pressed the back button.  When I got back to the login screen I was able to manually type in the password and get in.  Your mileage may vary and I know it's not a solution, just a possible workaround.

Hang tight, when we've heard something, one of the Community Managers will update this thread. 

I AM HAVING THOSE SAME ISSUES. WHILE SECURITY IS IMPORTANT, THIS IS INSANE. EVEN MY BANK DOESN'T CAUSE ME THIS MUCH AGGREVATION. IF THE BANKING INDUSTRY AND MY GOOGLE ACCOUNTS AND MY UTILITIES ACCOUNTS AND MY INVESTMENT WEBSITES ALL HAVE IT FIGURED OUT AND KEEP MY INFORMATION AND FINANCIAL PROFILE SECURE, THEN MAYBE SPRINT SHOULD DO A LOT MORE CONSULTING AND LESS OUTSOURCING. UNLESS, OF COURSE, THE GOAL IS TO NOT ONLY KEEP HACKERS AND THIEVES OUT, BUT THE CUSTOMERS, AS WELL!!???   THE COMPETITION, YOU SHOULD KNOW, IS NOT CAUSING THIS MUCH HEADACHES FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.  😕

Journeyman

I don't know who marked this as SOLVED, but it's most definitely NOT!

I've been dealing with this mess for months. On Safari and Chrome. It's not a browser issue. There is a flaw in Sprint's security and they need to fix it ASAP.

The first few weeks after they updated the site, I had to reset my PW 3 times. Now I have to do the passcode everytime I try to log in on a desktop! The Sprint Zone app does not give me everything I need! As you can tell, I'm not the only one annoyed by this! 

Do better!

Sprint Social Care

Hello wbharmon3.

We are aware that Sprint.com has been presenting some issues when customers are trying to login. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We would like to create a ticket and have our Sprint.com Technician Reach out to you. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

I have marked this as the Accepted Solution because it makes it easier to find.  See below for more info

Here is what we know as of 4/21/17:  Sprint has made a number of changes to the way you log in and your password requirements in order to help reduce and prevent fraud.  These changes, while new and somewhat inconvenient, are working.  

Passwords:  Customers may be required to change their password if they have not logged in for a very long time and/or under certain other circumstances.  In very rare cases, some customers may have to show I.D. at a store.  You should not have to pick a new password every time you log in.  If that is happening, we need to know.

Secondary verification process:  Customers may be required to input a code received through SMS or email when performing certain activities (ie. ordering a new phone, changing billing and/or contact preferences) online or over the phone.  I don't have the complete list, there probably will not be a complete list made publicly available.  Again, this is about preventing fraud.  When you are protecting yourself online, a little security and secrecy goes a long way.  

If you receive the SMS code, please be sure you're inputting the 6 - 8 digit code in the body of the message not the actual SMS short code at the top of the text window.  I made the mistake of using the shortcode, not the passcode the first time myself.  We won't tell.

If you never receive the email code, please check your Spam folder.  Lots of folks send our stuff to Spam (no hard feelings) and some spam filters pick it up just because.  

If you never ever ever receive the SMS or email code, we need to know.

I am marking this the Accepted Solution.  By doing so I am not saying "do this thing and you won't have to follow the 2 step verification."  For some account activities, this is the new normal. Accepted solutions are embedded in the first post of every thread and therefore quick link to the best information we have at the present moment.

Thank you for understanding. The next time I have new information, if I get new information, I will update this thread.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Tags (1)
Journeyman

Thanks seawolf for your efforts - it is much appreciated and sorry you are caught up in this mess

However -  have to step in and say - this is all not really accurate.  Security requirements for even the most sensitive of sites/companies/information are nowhere near this strict, and this is not just happening once in a blue moon - for many of us it is every single time, no matter what, with all other factors constant.

It is not just certain activities that push the secondary verification. It is simply GOING to sign in - nothing else, nor would the site even "know" what we are doing / be able to determine if it needs more "security" because just going to the log in page does not tell the program what the user is going to do once logged in. The only activity this is would be "logging in" which in itself (other than the new computer, idle etc) would never flag one account over another as needing more security.

For them to say it's about "preventing fraud" is really an attempt to gloss over the fact that this is a glitch. How is a 20+ year user logging in 3x daily on the same pc/modem/browser EVER a security risk?  No site, not the IRS, not banks, not legal / govt sites, EVER require this every single time a user goes to simply log in like this. Yes, they will prompt a re log in after being idle or not recognizing a device, which we are all used to. This is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. 

Nothing should ever require this to happen every time a user logs in, same pc/browser/ip/account etc:

A. Go to sign in page, and try to log in

B. Get denied, sent to another page, and told to select a way to get a code

C. Request a code sent to me

D. Go to another page, which requests 4 of ACH SS, zip and PIN

C. Go to yet another page and manually type in the code

E. Finally get to main page where I am logged in

It is so beyond ridiculous that I seriously feel like I'm being punked lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat