cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access www.sprint.com

Journeyman

Cannot Access www.sprint.com

I am currently living and working in Hong Kong and have a sprint account for when I am in the US and also to use traveling overseas.  For weeks now I have been unable to access the website www.sprint.com here in Hong Kong.  I keep getting ACCESS DENIED... you cannot access this website from this server.  I have talked with more than 1 Sprint technical service rep with no success.  Sprint said it must be my HK network provider who is blocking the website.  However, my network provided reset my network and no changes.  I have had friends try and access the website from their mobile phone and get the same message.  I have tried accessing on my work network, same problem.  I have tried Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari ( Ipad), same problem.  I am so frustrated right now with Sprint!!

20 REPLIES 20
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Cannot Access www.sprint.com

Have you been able to access it before while in Hong Kong?

I'm here to find all of the solutions and ease your frustrations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I have, but that was probably a year ago.  I had a similar problem and someone at Sprint suggested a solution that I do not remember and it worked.  Now I cannot access it.  Interestingly I tried to access all the other US carriers, Verizon, AT&T, etc. and I had no problem accessing their websites.  I received a call today from my internet provider in Hong Kong, PCCW, and the tech who has been working my problem told me that even they were not able to access the site.  He has escalated the issue up his technical chain to see if they can find out what is the problem.

Wayne

Let me look into this and see if there is a known issue on our side.

One more thing....have you tried to access it via the Sprint app?

Journeyman

HI, yes, I did but I was also getting an error and could not connect.

thanks

Wayne

Just making sure. 

Journeyman

I really appreciate you trying to help.  I talked to a rep from Sprint today from the 1 800 number and he said he saw some notes about China blocking the website.  I told him I didn't think that made sense since none of the other US carriers are being blocked.  I also said that perhaps mainland China might do this but Hong Kong is a separate SAR ( Special Administrative Region) and operates differently.

So it looks like China might be blocking access to this site. They have fairly strict rules on what they block and there is typically not a work around with this type of issue. 

Journeyman

I just tried the app again on my phone and it did not accept my username and password....kept saying it was an error and when I selected forgot password it hung for a while and then I just got the message that it timed out trying to connect to the website

Journeyman

I don't see a logical reason that China would only block Sprint.com but not any of your competitors.

Also, yesterday I tried using my company VPN on my home PC and I thought I was going to get in but I got a message that this site is unsafe....  and eventually would not let me access it.

Journeyman

It is a real issue because each month I get an email stating that my bill is available online and has important information but I cannot access it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat